PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with FAMS?

jimmyboots
01-23-07, 22:06
Im currently going through the online process of applying with the Federal Air Marshal Service, and was wondering if anyone here has successfully done so or can reflect any of they're past experiences.

combatvet
01-23-07, 23:56
Expect a long and grueling wait. It took me 8 months back in 2001/2002 from start to finish. The biggest thing to worry about is preparing for FLETC. I don't know what else to tell you. Have you taken the exam, physical, or psychological yet.

The next thing to do is to stay clean and keep your finances together. Any blemish on your credit and personal history and you're pretty much done with.

jimmyboots
01-24-07, 00:45
A conditional offer of employment through Avue is all that i've gotten so far. Im in the NY area these days so i thought Id give a shot. Ive been reading stuff online as far as FLETC picking up in March, of course i have to go through a pretty stringent process first.

Chris_C
01-24-07, 04:13
I app'd in Jan of '06, I have been finger printed and I am awaiting on the Interview, Physical..etc.

The communication back to you sucks, big time. Once you apply with AVUE, you are done with them. As I am aware, my credit has not been checked by them and no one in my BI has ben contacted.

With my former USMC background and all my current aviation work, I am surprised it is taking as long as it is....But they have the process set up for what ever reasons...Hang tight. The COE is standard and EVERYONE gets it.

I have also applied for 2 CBP jobs, one with an Air Branch, the other with Marine Interdiction....I am testing for the CBP on Feb 8th and that process is moving along WAY faster than the FAMS. (weeks and months compared to over 1 year).

Do not wait on the FAMS, keep moving in your life and chase other options.

The turn over rate is horrific for the FAMS. IF you are not willing to take NY or DC area, for the FAMS, then forget it.

The long wait and the following to sites have helped me really want the FAMS job less and less and chase better options (for me and my family).

911jobfourms.com
usajobs.com

Good luck.