PDA

View Full Version : Great story from my area

bongogator
07-11-09, 11:42
A 83 year old man protects his life with his 9mm.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1017531.ece

ST. PETERSBURG — If Nathan Snyder cut off the motorcyclist, he didn't mean to.

The 83-year-old retiree, who was going to visit his sick wife, didn't realize the motorcyclist had followed him into the parking lot at Palms of Pasadena Hospital.

When Snyder opened his car door, the man started cursing and punching him, his blows so violent that Snyder said he thought he was about to be pummeled to death.

Synder knew he needed to act fast, he recalled this week from his hospital bed, where he is recuperating from injuries he suffered in the July 3 attack.

Woozy from blows to the head, Snyder reached for his 9mm semiautomatic handgun as the man began to drag him from his Hyundai, said Jacob Snyder, a 54-year-old lawyer who flew in from Philadelphia to be by his father's side.

Nathan Snyder fired a warning shot into the air. When that failed to deter his attacker, he shot the man in the arm, his son said.

Synder said he didn't want to take the life of his attacker, whom authorities later identified as George S. Hall, 64, of St. Pete Beach.

d90king
07-11-09, 12:19
Anybody who tries to beat up an 83 year old man, deserves to be shot!

bkb0000
07-11-09, 12:41
some 83 year old drivers do deserve a good ass whoopin, as well.

;)

glad everyone's alive.. sounds like lessons were learned across the board.

exkc135driver
07-11-09, 12:57
some 83 year old drivers do deserve a good ass whoopin, as well.

In St. Pete, an 83-year-old is a youngster ...

woodandsteel
07-11-09, 15:15
A 83 year old man protects his life with his 9mm.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1017531.ece

ST. PETERSBURG — If Nathan Snyder cut off the motorcyclist, he didn't mean to.

The 83-year-old retiree, who was going to visit his sick wife, didn't realize the motorcyclist had followed him into the parking lot at Palms of Pasadena Hospital.

When Snyder opened his car door, the man started cursing and punching him, his blows so violent that Snyder said he thought he was about to be pummeled to death.

Synder knew he needed to act fast, he recalled this week from his hospital bed, where he is recuperating from injuries he suffered in the July 3 attack.

Woozy from blows to the head, Snyder reached for his 9mm semiautomatic handgun as the man began to drag him from his Hyundai, said Jacob Snyder, a 54-year-old lawyer who flew in from Philadelphia to be by his father's side.

Nathan Snyder fired a warning shot into the air. When that failed to deter his attacker, he shot the man in the arm, his son said.

Synder said he didn't want to take the life of his attacker, whom authorities later identified as George S. Hall, 64, of St. Pete Beach.

Road Rage incident?

Warning Shots!?!? I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has a problem with that.

64 year olds attacking 83 year olds? I'm cancelling any plans of visiting Florida. My small town, midwest driving habits may get me into a little bit of trouble down there.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-11-09, 15:30
Gray on Gray crime.