PDA

View Full Version : RRA CAR-A4 any good?

shadco
07-11-09, 15:51
I'm not sure I can really call it a Rock River anymore.

Some pieces have been falling off my DDM4 and they have found their way to my RRA.

The stock handguards have been replaced by a DD 10" lite rail and lo pro gas block.

The commercial tube and stock fell off so it got a Vltor Milspec tube and the MOE stock off my DDM4.

A DD QD receiver endplate found it's way on properly staked.

The DD VFG found a home on the RR.

The safety had already been swapped out for an ambi.

The std M4 profile barrel from the DDM4 found it's way there too so now it's light 1/7 twist with chrome bore and M4 feed ramps.

The BCG has been swapped out for a DD one FA/milspec.

A pair of troy buis have found their way there too.

It's having an identity crisis and doesn't know what to call itself anymore.

http://www.pbase.com/shadco/image/114844118.jpg

Mr.Goodtimes
07-11-09, 16:07
shad, your rifle is sorta like my rifle. it started out as one thing and then ended up as something... different and way better. you rifle isnt really a RRA anymore lol

My rifle started out a spikes upper and a CMMG completed lower. the only thing that remains the same now is the upper has the original barrel and upper, and the lower has the original LKP.

what you ended up with here is a really nice rifle bro. it sounds like you did the same thing i did, only to a greater extreme!

im fixin to change the barrel on my upper as well, hopefully monty from centurion arms has some of his midlength barrels in stock, as i really want to pick one up. if not, i might settle on a DD middy barrel.

pacifico
07-11-09, 16:43
If it's half RR and half DD, I'd be tempted to call it R2D2. I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

Looks good.

eng208
07-11-09, 18:05
Why take parts from the ddm4? I thought it would be the better setup.
Confused?

shadco
07-11-09, 18:16
Why take parts from the ddm4? I thought it would be the better setup.
Confused?

I put a DD Middy barrel on my DDM4, I also swapped the stock for an emod.

http://www.pbase.com/shadco/image/114333414.jpg