PDA

View Full Version : Rubber plug to fit the bottom of the AR grip

WyrTwister
07-11-09, 16:23
Rubber plug to fit the bottom of the AR grip . Anyone know who makes / sells this item to fit the bottom of the grip . To use the hollow space for storage .

God bless
Wyr

MMcfpd
07-11-09, 17:29
Midway (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=985938)

Parabellum9x19mm
07-11-09, 20:36
you wont like it. the rubber plug is guaranteed to fall out at the worst possible moment and will unceremonously drop your batteries, ear plugs, oil, etc in the mud when you least expect it.

don't waste your money. spend a little bit more on a Tango Down Battle Grip or Magpul MIAD. you will be a lot happier. even if you take the storage out of the equation , they're just plain better pistol grips than the A2.

they're both good grips, but i like the Tango Down slightly better. also, it has watertight storage for two CR123 or AA right out of the box. with the MIAD you'll have to buy modular storage doohikies....but the MIAD is an awesome grip and you customize the back strap and forestrap to fit your hand.

yeah...i'm probably not telling you anything you don't know here....just my $0.02

but i feel i have to warn you - i've tried the rubber A2 storage plug and its completely worthless.

WyrTwister
07-11-09, 20:45
you wont like it. the rubber plug is guaranteed to fall out at the worst possible moment and will unceremonously drop your batteries, ear plugs, oil, etc in the mud when you least expect it.

don't waste your money. spend a little bit more on a Tango Down Battle Grip or Magpul MIAD. you will be a lot happier. even if you take the storage out of the equation , they're just plain better pistol grips than the A2.

they're both good grips, but i like the Tango Down slightly better. also, it has watertight storage for two CR123 or AA right out of the box. with the MIAD you'll have to buy modular storage doohikies....but the MIAD is an awesome grip and you customize the back strap and forestrap to fit your hand.

yeah...i'm probably not telling you anything you don't know here....just my $0.02

but i feel i have to warn you - i've tried the rubber A2 storage plug and its completely worthless.

I have thought about the plug falling out .

What I was thinking about storing is a small # 12 x 2" brass screw I use as a brass punch to knock out the pins on a lower that fits the upper very tightly .

Not the end of the world , if I loose it , can get another from Home Depot .

I was thinking about the possibility of rigging a string , to prevent the plug from getting lost , maybe looping the string around the screw , also ?

Respectfully , I am quite satisfied with the A2 grip .

Thanks ,
Wyr
God bless

Parabellum9x19mm
07-11-09, 21:05
What I was thinking about storing is a small # 12 x 2" brass screw I use as a brass punch to knock out the pins on a lower that fits the upper very tightly .

try a Delrin punch instead. its lighter and wont damage your pivot/take-down pin holes in your receiver. it is also a good size to stow on your weapon, cleaning kit or web gear

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=811647

Not the end of the world , if I loose it , can get another from Home Depot .

you will lose that rubber stopper. they really don't want to stay in.

if you like the A2 grip, but want storage you might want to look into this grip. "A2 trap door" type grip.

http://www.ar15products.net/itm00478.htm

i've never used one, so i can't vouch for it, but if it is well made, it seems like it might be just the ticket for you.