PDA

View Full Version : XS ar15 rear sight: anybody have any experience or opinions on this?

Bad Karma 556
07-11-09, 16:39
The XS rear sight designed by Paul Howe seems like a good concept.CQB handgun type sight on top of the small aperture means, in theory, all you have to do is look up to engage short range threats without compensating or switching apertures.I'm a bit hesitant to jump right in with an unproven piece of equipment, so any thoughts or info anyone could send my way would be appreciated.

Reddevil
07-11-09, 18:27
I have one installed on my Larue BIUS. I don't like it at all. The notch for shooting at 7yds is too small IMO. At that distance I want to be able to line up the front sight with ease and instead I have to take some time to line up the sights. The ghost ring portion of it is great and that's what I'll use for all applications now. I also have the Big Dot front stripe front sight (smaller version) which I thought would help with aquiring the sight picture with the 7yd notch. If I were to do it all over, I would buy the standard XS ghost ring same plane rear sight. At 7 yds, using the large ghost ring works just fine.

RaisinKane
07-13-09, 12:30
I really like mine. It took a little getting used to. I did not like the big dot front sight, so I now run the standard post with the CSAT rear.