PDA

View Full Version : DDM4 BCG

dragon281tx
07-12-09, 00:23
Does anybody know what BCG brand is included in the DDM4? These are great and I just wanted to know who made them just in case. I've also heard that these are full-auto BCG. Is this correct? Thanx in advance

Iraqgunz
07-12-09, 02:35
dragon,

A full-auto BCG can be identified by its design. If you look at this link it will provide you a plethora of information. And yes the DD M4 has a full-auto BCG.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

Does anybody know what BCG brand is included in the DDM4? These are great and I just wanted to know who made them just in case. I've also heard that these are full-auto BCG. Is this correct? Thanx in advance

dragon281tx
07-13-09, 02:13
Thank you

Ricardus
07-13-09, 13:44
I just received my Daniel Defense Full Auto (M16) BCG from Aim via UPS. I actually ordered it on the 4th of July.

Interestingly enough the staking job was done very well. However, the extractor insert was blue instead of black but the o-ring was present.

I looked everywhere on the bolt and noticed no MPI anywhere on it to indicate that it had been MPI ed.

Also a I noticed that there was a small hole in the bolt with what could be seen as some sort of spring:confused: What is it and what does it do?

I hope all the subject matter experts and other more experienced folks here can figure this one out. Thanks.

Iraqgunz
07-13-09, 14:11
That little spring is the ejector spring. The ejector is located on the bolt face.

I just received my Daniel Defense Full Auto (M16) BCG from Aim via UPS. I actually ordered it on the 4th of July.

Interestingly enough the staking job was done very well. However, the extractor insert was blue instead of black but the o-ring was present.

I looked everywhere on the bolt and noticed no MPI anywhere on it to indicate that it had been MPI ed.

Also a I noticed that there was a small hole in the bolt with what could be seen as some sort of spring:confused: What is it and what does it do?

I hope all the subject matter experts and other more experienced folks here can figure this one out. Thanks.

Ricardus
07-13-09, 14:50
That little spring is the ejector spring. The ejector is located on the bolt face.

I am an idiot. I was sitting down at my desk and had a doh! moment. It's the ejector spring dumb ass!:D

I pulled out my LMT, BCM and DD BCGs and compared them further. It's interesting that when I looked at them individually I noticed differences in the "shaping or cutting" of the bolt carriers and yet I passed right over the ejector spring holes! It's funny what is noticed and what is not by the human brain or at least mine!:eek:

The bolt carriers made by BCM and DD look very similar and the LMT looked different on a couple of points not even related to the gas keys and their proper staking.

I found that the angle cut on the front of the bolt carrier is more pronounced on the BCM and DD when compared to the LMT. I also found that there is a "ferrule" going around the circumference of the LMT bolt just behind the bolt's locking lugs. This is not the case in the BCM and DD bolts. I hope I find some uppers from BCM soon, if not all I will have is a nice collection of BCGs!

Iraqgunz, any idea on whether or not bolts should have "MP" or "MPI" marked on them if they have been MPIed? Or do we take their word for it?
Thanks.

C4IGrant
07-13-09, 15:14

The DD M16 BCG's that come from G&R have black extractor inserts. ;)

C4

dookie1481
07-13-09, 15:14
Apparently they don't mark their barrels as such either so it may just be something they do.

Jay

jaco
07-13-09, 15:54
I just received one of these DD BCG's from Grant, and he does take the time to put a black insert in before he ships it out. I received the BCG 5 days after ordering it and recommend G&R whole heartedly.

The DD M16 BCG's that come from G&R have black extractor inserts. ;)

C4

Iraqgunz
07-13-09, 16:34
As far I know DD states that they are MPI'd so I guess we'll have to take their word for it.

I am an idiot. I was sitting down at my desk and had a doh! moment. It's the ejector spring dumb ass!:D

I pulled out my LMT, BCM and DD BCGs and compared them further. It's interesting that when I looked at them individually I noticed differences in the "shaping or cutting" of the bolt carriers and yet I passed right over the ejector spring holes! It's funny what is noticed and what is not by the human brain or at least mine!:eek:

The bolt carriers made by BCM and DD look very similar and the LMT looked different on a couple of points not even related to the gas keys and their proper staking.

I found that the angle cut on the front of the bolt carrier is more pronounced on the BCM and DD when compared to the LMT. I also found that there is a "ferrule" going around the circumference of the LMT bolt just behind the bolt's locking lugs. This is not the case in the BCM and DD bolts. I hope I find some uppers from BCM soon, if not all I will have is a nice collection of BCGs!

Iraqgunz, any idea on whether or not bolts should have "MP" or "MPI" marked on them if they have been MPIed? Or do we take their word for it?
Thanks.

shadco
07-13-09, 18:17
I just received one of these DD BCG's from Grant, and he does take the time to put a black insert in before he ships it out. I received the BCG 5 days after ordering it and recommend G&R whole heartedly.

See why dealing with Grant is better than other etailers?

Ricardus
07-13-09, 20:52
Well as soon as Bravo co. has the 20 inch barrel upper assembly available for sale, I will purchase it along with the correct inserts - no big deal. "6 of 1, half a dozen of the other" as my wife likes to say.

Heavy Metal
07-13-09, 21:22
If you are running a 20 inch barrel, a blue insert should work fine.

Ricardus
07-13-09, 22:00
That's right. :)
I already have a BCM BCG for the BCM 20 in barreled upper assembly. The DD BCG is for a different build.

I saw Deliverance and stayed away from the Louisiana National Guard!:eek:

Heavy Metal
07-13-09, 23:07
That's right. :)
I already have a BCM BCG for the BCM 20 in barreled upper assembly. The DD BCG is for a different build.

I saw Deliverance and stayed away from the Louisiana National Guard!:eek:

I think you have got your movies mixed up Chief!

I think you are thinking of Southern Comfort.

Iraqgunz
07-14-09, 01:43
They showed Deliverance here last week on hajji TV and they butchered the famous "scene". I really don't understand the thinking of these people sometime.

nickdrak
07-14-09, 03:53
I just received my DD BCG from Grant yesterday (Mon). It has the cleanest machining out of any standard MilSpec BCG I have owned to date.

I have no doubt what-so-ever that if DD states that their BCG's are MPI, etc...etc tested, then they are.

Ricardus
07-14-09, 08:20

Cut me some slack!:) It's been some time since I last saw either movie.

As to the various BCGs, I see no real discernible difference between the BCM and DD Bolt Carriers.

Now I will be saving money for optics and a good Carbine class. Any suggestions on the Carbine classes?

My time line will be Jan. 2010 - and onwards. I am up to my neck completing the writing of my thesis which requires translating Medieval Latin and Arabic.:eek:

I think a good basic Carbine course will help me unwind!:cool: