PDA

View Full Version : An EMS's Journal During Disaster

Outlander Systems
07-12-09, 15:30
Found this on another site. Very interesting firsthand account of life during disaster.

Written by an EMS during Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php/topic,46306.0.html

Very intriguing diary, written by a pretty cool dude.

Thomas M-4
07-12-09, 23:55
Try this link its just his story http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php/topic,46497.msg679315.html#new
It also has more pics
Interesting read.

ST911
07-13-09, 12:28
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

At the time of the hurricanes and upheaval, there were thousands of EMS personnel attending the national conference. Some have published their experiences either via a blog or article in JEMS, etc.

Several folks from my organizations were stranded and had some truly...interesting...experiences.

Some of the more remarkable stuff won't ever be published. For some, it's probably better that way.

Many learned valuable lessons from their experience and implemented change. They will never travel to conference the same way again, much less walk their own streets as they did.

As always, the lessons of such an event are lost on some. They are victims-in-waiting.

Terry
07-14-09, 12:08
AAR like this are an invalubale tool.
Terry.

Cold Zero
07-14-09, 19:52
I thought it was an excellent AAR complete with good quality photos and a dose of reality of what can happen in a situation like that. Much to be learned here.

Mr.Goodtimes
07-15-09, 19:38
does anybody know the credibility of this guy? that sounded really legit to me until he got to the part where the helicopter full of Navy SEALs landed seeking some medical attention because one of them had a cut from some rebar. Navy SEALs in New Orleans? and I would think they would use their team medic for little bumps and bruises.

Even if it was true, isn't that a gross violation of the constitution?

Outlander Systems
07-15-09, 22:12
does anybody know the credibility of this guy? that sounded really legit to me until he got to the part where the helicopter full of Navy SEALs landed seeking some medical attention because one of them had a cut from some rebar. Navy SEALs in New Orleans? and I would think they would use their team medic for little bumps and bruises.

From MegaDoom: "BTW, this is the first time I've made this public, some of the info you're going to read about is not known by federal, state, or city authorities. Hopefully, I'm not about to start something by posting this very serious info."

ST911
07-16-09, 14:42

Not under the constitution.

Not under most other stuff people would think, either. Military resources (equipment and personnel) are operational CONUS in a wide variety of activities, all lawful.