PDA

View Full Version : Vltor MUR: Do these exist?

RAM Engineer
07-12-09, 19:23
Do these things even exist or has Noveske sucked up all the production capabilities of Vltor?

Thanks,
Jason

Parabellum9x19mm
07-12-09, 19:41
i have a forged MUR

....but then again, its on a Noveske N4 Low Profile upper, so i guess that info doesn't help you at all :(

pacifico
07-12-09, 19:53
They pop up now and again in very small quantities (under 10) on various sites. Just have to keep your eyes open and your credit card handy. I saw some up about 2 weeks ago.

It doesn't help that people are buying 2-4 at a time to flip on other sites for $350-400.

Stickman
07-12-09, 22:01
They exist.

grunz
07-12-09, 22:07
Held one today at a local store.

dragonfly
07-13-09, 00:17
They exist.

Can they be backordered at Rainier?

The new SunDevils look nice too.

chadbag
07-13-09, 00:19
They only produce X number a month and so dealers are still waiting for orders placed long ago. I was told about 6 weeks ago that mine would be in in 2-3 more months as a guess... So just get on as many notification lists as you can at reputable dealers and you will be able to snag one.

I am limiting my customers to one when they do come in and I have a long list of people who are interested in them...

dookie1481
07-13-09, 00:56
They only produce X number a month and so dealers are still waiting for orders placed long ago. I was told about 6 weeks ago that mine would be in in 2-3 more months as a guess... So just get on as many notification lists as you can at reputable dealers and you will be able to snag one.

I am limiting my customers to one when they do come in and I have a long list of people who are interested in them...

Just like the Geissele SSA and the Magpul UBR, they seem like they are a myth, but they do exist. Be patient and persistent and you will get one. As Chad says, get on every backorder list you can and check Al Gore's interweb every chance you get.

Jay

RD62
07-13-09, 07:29
I was told by VLTOR last week that they are not taking any new dealer orders for the MUR or VIS for the near future. All production is going to fill current backorders.

-RD62

ranger216
07-14-09, 00:55
Now PWS is using their uppers.

chadbag
07-14-09, 01:01
I was told by VLTOR last week that they are not taking any new dealer orders for the MUR or VIS for the near future. All production is going to fill current backorders.

-RD62

confirmed: yeah they told me that a month or so ago too.

But I do have one order in with them before they shut the list down so I should get some one of these days.

dragonfly
07-14-09, 09:52
I also think a significant amount of their (Vltor MUR/VIS) production is now being diverted directly to Noveske.

Many, if not most, of their models are using them now (or are supposed to).

ACK, one more reason to get an N4. :eek:
http://dragonfly-media.com/_img/toolbox/sig/dfmini.png

Razorhunter
08-07-09, 11:58
Any updates on a VLTOR MUR guys?
If they are all going to Noveske, then I sure haven't seen it. Maybe a few Noveske rifles trickling out from time to time, but that's it.

Does anyone know if the original MUR's are still being made, or have they strictly gone to the FORGED MUR's?
Thanks.

crazymoose
08-07-09, 13:40
This might be tangential, but can anyone tell me the actual benefits of receivers like the MUR? The selling point, as I've heard it, is greater receiver rigidity and therefore accuracy, but I'm not sure how this works. I've always thought of accuracy primarily as a function of barrel quality and a repeatable, tight bolt/barrel extension lockup. Does the MUR really add that much consistency to the bolt/BE lockup that accuracy noticeably improves?

These things have always seemed about as necessary to me as billet lowers.

Cold Zero
08-07-09, 16:23
i think the vis is harder to come by. but i always keep an extra mur on hand just in case i need it. better to have and not need.

RAM Engineer
08-07-09, 19:36
i think the vis is harder to come by. but i always keep an extra mur on hand just in case i need it. better to have and not need.

You DO need it. You need it to sell to me. :D

TehLlama
08-09-09, 15:05
I am, in fact, sitting on a UBR, an SSA, and MUR. I waited 6-8mo for each, but it's been worth it.

If your budget has some flexibility, and you know you're going to keep buying AR stuff, just hop in a couple backorder lines, and see how they go.

Razorhunter
08-09-09, 16:00
Since all of the MURs are now FORGED, and no longer milled billet, then I am wondering if they indeed are built any straighter/truer than a standard forged upper anymore?

chadbag
08-09-09, 17:59
They do ship. I had 10 come in a week or two ago. I had 45 people on my notify list and got 13 calls out of that list -- first 10 got them. Gone in 24 hours

Chad