PDA

View Full Version : M4 Carbine Questions

sbcdave
07-13-09, 12:58
I've been looking at trigger packs for my AR and found myself wondering what the trigger pull is on my M4. It seems the same as the trigger pull on the M16A2 I used in BCT and AIT.

Does anyone know if the colt M16's and M4's that have 3 round burst all use trigger packs made by the same company? Are they made by colt? And if so, does anyone know the pull weight.

I'm assuming if they aren't all the same and either made by colt, or subcontracted from colt, that there are probably only a few differnt trigger packs the military buys for them. Hopefully somebody knows the history of M16 and M4 parts.

I have also been hearing that a Nato 5.56 round should not be used in an AR15 that is made for .223 cal, is that true?

Thanks for any info, this seems like and awesome forum. Dave

sbcdave
07-14-09, 03:22
It made it to the second page, so I'm bumping hoping somebody with some intel can share with me. Thanks.

bkb0000
07-14-09, 03:44
the weapons the DoD gets come fully assembled from colt.. colt doesnt talk about what they make and what they dont make, but it doesn't matter in the end. you can't just call up colt or their subs and order up 1 or 2 parts.

if you're wanting to get something similar for a personal weapon, you can order a standard service trigger made by colt, LMT, armalite, RRA, bushmaster, CMT, etc, etc, and you're gonna get pretty much the exact same thing: 7-8lbs, rough, long, and just what you're used to.

preference to Colt, LMT and CMT