PDA

View Full Version : Is Priv Partizan Corrosive...?

SteyrAUG
07-13-09, 16:13
I know the stuff is made in Serbia but the box doesn't state if it is corrosive or non corrosive.

Anyone know?

ETA: .32 ACP, red ring around primer and box has NNY markings if that means anything.

Mr.Goodtimes
07-13-09, 22:36
as far as i know all of prvi's ammo is non corrosive. its supposedly pretty good ammo. a lot of people run it through their AR's

Jim from Houston
07-13-09, 22:59
If its this stuff:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8886&dir=18|829|894

it's definitely not corrosive.

I believe that all of Prvi Partizan's current commercial production ammo is non-corrosive.

In general, ammo that's boxer primed, you usually don't need to worry...almost all of the corrosive primers that I've ever seen were of the Berdan variety.

And the headstamp doesn't actually say "NNY", those are the Cyrillic letters for "PPU" which is "Prvi Partizan - Uzice"...Uzice being the town in Serbia where their factory is located.

The red stuff around the primer is water-proofing laquer.

I've never been disappointed by Prvi ammo...its far superior to all other Eastern European brands.

crusader377
07-13-09, 23:49
Prvi is non corrosive. Prvi makes some very good ammunition for the money. I have used it on several of my firearms and never had a problem.

SteyrAUG
07-14-09, 01:14
If its this stuff:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8886&dir=18|829|894

it's definitely not corrosive.

I believe that all of Prvi Partizan's current commercial production ammo is non-corrosive.

In general, ammo that's boxer primed, you usually don't need to worry...almost all of the corrosive primers that I've ever seen were of the Berdan variety.

And the headstamp doesn't actually say "NNY", those are the Cyrillic letters for "PPU" which is "Prvi Partizan - Uzice"...Uzice being the town in Serbia where their factory is located.

The red stuff around the primer is water-proofing laquer.

I've never been disappointed by Prvi ammo...its far superior to all other Eastern European brands.

That's the stuff. And the NNY isn't on the headstamp, it's on the box. I knew it was Cyrillic but I didn't know what the translation was. Also knew most would understand what I was talking about.

Headstamp actually reads IK 03 and 7.62x17

Thanks for the info.

Iraqgunz
07-14-09, 03:15
If it has an IK headstamp then it is made by Igman Zavod, Konjic, Yugoslavia (IK). AFAIK the Igman factory is located in Bosnia and Prvi Partizan is located in Serbia. I wonder if PPU is getting components and then loading them at their factory?

John_Wayne777
07-14-09, 07:01
A good question, IG....

I've fired about 3,000 rounds of the M193 load so far without issue. However they make it, as far as I can tell it's pretty good ammo.

Iraq Ninja
07-14-09, 07:16
We have been issued the PP M193 for the past 3 years with few problems.

Never seen a primer blow out, but had a few bullets come loose, probably a result of the individuals repeatably loading and unloading the same bullet. We are also issued the PP link for our Minimi.

The Iraqi security forces also use a bunch of PP and Wolf (low bidders).

Iraqgunz
07-14-09, 09:37
We had issues with the SS109 loading from PPU that was made in either 2004 or 2005. The markings aren't 100% clear. All the malfunctions happened with the Bushmasters. The Colt upper and some of the oddballs that are here all fired that stuff like nothing. I even have a few cases sitting at home awaiting my arrival.

A good question, IG....

I've fired about 3,000 rounds of the M193 load so far without issue. However they make it, as far as I can tell it's pretty good ammo.

THE FROG
07-14-09, 10:14
Good ammo for the money!

ABN
07-15-09, 02:11
We have been issued the PP M193 for the past 3 years with few problems.

Never seen a primer blow out, but had a few bullets come loose, probably a result of the individuals repeatably loading and unloading the same bullet. We are also issued the PP link for our Minimi.

The Iraqi security forces also use a bunch of PP and Wolf (low bidders).

I always rotate the first round out of the magazine after its been chambered. I used to see other Soldiers, eject a round and put it back in the top of the magazine. Never sat well with me. If I were calling the shots any round that was chambered would be disposed of.

I really like the Prvi ammo, I've shot alot of the 5.56 62's. I have a couple C&R's and shoot corrisive ammo alot and subsequently clean the weapons, Prvi isnt corrosive.