PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Tries to Return to U.S. Center Stage

OldNavyGuy
07-15-09, 09:24
WASHINGTON -- Eclipsed by a globe-trotting president, a foreign policy-savvy vice president and a bevy of special envoys, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is struggling to re-emerge this week as the Obama administration's diplomatic heavyweight.

Clinton is trying to retake center stage as the top foreign policy voice of the U.S. government after four frustrating low-profile weeks during which a fractured elbow forced her to cancel two overseas trips.

Her diminishing presence abroad and at home, followed by her startling public criticism of the White House this week for delaying a major State Department appointment, has prompted a flurry of speculation whether her influence is waning inside President Barack Obama's Cabinet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/15/clinton-tries-return-center-stage/?test=latestnews

my OPINION of this is that she is soon going to resign and start her presidential run for the White(?)house in 2012, i believe her appointment was to keep her busy in other areas so as to appear to be on the team.., it ain't working, she wants a higher profile and to get it she must and WILL resign this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

your opinion please......

Business_Casual
07-15-09, 09:37
my OPINION of this is that she is soon going to resign and start her presidential run for the White(?)house in 2012,

I disagree.

i believe her appointment was to keep her busy in other areas so as to appear to be on the team.., it ain't working, she wants a higher profile and to get it she must and WILL resign this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My opinion is she will resign after 24 months on the job, that is the traditional length of time a former opponent serves in a cabinet. Just long enough for her book sales and pension to set her up for life.

She made herself a footnote to history and will not be heard from again.

M_P

buzz_knox
07-15-09, 09:46
my OPINION of this is that she is soon going to resign and start her presidential run for the White(?)house in 2012, i believe her appointment was to keep her busy in other areas so as to appear to be on the team.., it ain't working, she wants a higher profile and to get it she must and WILL resign this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Clinton was selected as SecState for two reasons: to throw a bone to her more ardent supporters and show the Dems unifying, and to neutralize her politically. She left a position where she could have been a thorn in Obama's side and potentially run against him in 2012, and became a lackey that he could and has negated.

The only way for her to potentially have a shot in 2012 is 1) for Obama to screw up so badly that the Dems would consider not having their appointed savior to get a second term, 2) for her to be seen as trying to fix things from the inside, 3) her resigning and declaring that she did her best as an insider, and now she has to take him on directly, 4) her stage managing this so she is seen as a person of conscience rather than a backstabber, and 5) all of the above happening immediately, so she will be able to generate enough funds and support to outweigh his ACORN and union machines.

Clinton's career has been based on riding the political coattails of powerful men. It worked with Bill by getting her in the White House and the Senate, and failed with Obama by getting her sidelined.

dragonfly
07-15-09, 13:28
…1) for Obama to screw up so badly that the Dems would consider not having their appointed savior to get a second term …

Seems like that just might be possible …

Magsz
07-15-09, 18:25
I hadnt heard that she had broken her elbow...

Hopefully that was a result of her punching her husband in the face....repeatedly.

sjc3081
07-15-09, 19:20
I hadnt heard that she had broken her elbow...

Hopefully that was a result of her punching her husband in the face....repeatedly.

She was fisting Bill when it happened.