PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning baffles on a .22 rimfire can...

Artos
07-16-09, 09:09
...what is your cleaner of choice for this application. It's a TAC 67 and sees mostly lead sub-sonic ammo.

Is there something I can soak them in and scrub the crud off without a ton of elbow grease?? They appear to be aluminum.

m4fun
07-16-09, 19:24
Did you get the TAC tool to take it apart? You can simply take apart and you your favorite bore cleaner and a brass brush.

For the sealed cans, aluminum especially, Kroil. I've made some PVC silencer holders, closed on one end and sealable with a nut on the other, that are customized in size to hold the can, with lots of room to spare. Pour Kroil in and cap it with the nut. Set them up on a stand, vertically and either drive them around in your car so the get rattled around or like me, put them on your washer all wash day. After a period time, extract can, leaving Kroil behind, blow out with an air compressor.

Artos
07-16-09, 20:30
Yes, I got the individual baffles out and clean but the 25% kroil / 75% shooters choice solution I use for my bore cleaning really did not break up the build up like I was expecting w/out a bunch of scrubing. Thought there might be some special goop out there that makes life easy. Was going to try the foaming bore cleaner next go round but wanted to check.

I hope to have my sealed .223 centerfire suppressor soon and never have cleaned one of those and was thinking the foam cleaners might work there too??