PDA

View Full Version : One of those good problems

vaglocker
07-16-09, 12:31
Trying to decide on which way to go with my next rifle. I currently have a BCM middy on a BCM lower. I also have another complete lower (Sun Devil) with no upper. Would you:

A: Wait for more BCM middies to come in and top the Sun Devil

or

B: Buy a complete 16 in Colt 6920 and just hold onto the Sun Devil for now

It seems like conventional wisdom say's that for a 16 in barrel the middy is king. Those who would choose the Colt tell my why.

tylerw02
07-16-09, 12:51
Buy the Colt 6920 and keep the SunDevil. Prices on the Colt are coming down right now, but I have a feeling that will all change once AWB talk starts back up. The quality of the Colt is second to none.

You'll have the flexibility to build a third rifle at your leisure and have a blank slate. Maybe you could build it into an SPR-type rifle, SBR, or something else as a need/want arises.

CaptainDooley
07-16-09, 15:03
I say get the lower engraved and start working on the tax stamp for an SBR... but maybe that's because that's what I'd do if I had a complete lower laying around.

SWATcop556
07-16-09, 15:05
If you have the funds and you can snatch one up, I would buy the 6920 or a DDXV and save the spare lower.

I would get on BCM and G&R's email notification list and wat for another upper to come in.

No such thing as two many EBR's

vaglocker
07-17-09, 09:34
Just got a deal on the 6920 that was too sweet to pass up. Tanner Sports has them for $1175.00 http://www.tannerssportcenter.com/