PDA

View Full Version : I used to go "road huntin' " in E. Tx. ....

thedog
07-17-09, 01:55
As a carefree teen + and listen to Hank Jr. and Country Charley Pride and we drank Moonshine, Jim Beam and or Beer, when we could. We shot "stuff" (NOT game animals!). We saw "stuff". We were basically good kids. We did respect game laws as we grew up hunting and were taught right by parents and uncles.
We grew up to become upstanding citizens. Part of the solution. We are well adjusted adults to this day.
We had a fun childhood/teenhood/early adulthood. We were good kids. Gas was cheap. Fun was everywhere. We were good guys. Mostly...
Fast forward to today. We would be wanted by the police, etc. What has happened?
God help this nation. In so many ways.... I miss those days!!

One of us was a pro firefighter, but now in LE. One is a 15 plus year PD. The other has been a reputable plumber for 20 yrs.

We did alright. And we thought we were wild...:)

What has today brought us to? Parents and kids ruining what we fought so hard for? :D Man, this world is not where I grew up...:mad:

dog

I would say "sorry" for the little rant. But here with good folks, I think you understand why I should'nt have to apologize...

But someone shall probably correct me on that, soon enough...

"Road Hunting" was used as a term, more than a true description.

Sudden
07-17-09, 08:12
I'm not completely clear on exactly what you did, I'm not from Texas, though I want to be. :) But some of what you said I can relate to.

Artos
07-17-09, 08:40
I was expecting an apology for shooting Luttrell's dog the way you were heading...:D:D

e. tx is still pretty rough if you spend any time on the tx hunting forums. Poaching at it's finest.

Sudden
07-17-09, 08:46
Poaching, is that hunting out of season on someone else's property?

Artos
07-17-09, 08:51
Poaching, is that hunting out of season on someone else's property?

yes, that is the main definition (if you do not have permission) but you can get labled a poacher for just about anything else that breaks state game laws like over limit, no lic, spot light for game animals after hours, shooting from public roads, etc.

State laws will vary.

Sudden
07-17-09, 09:29
I've never "spotlighted." It's one thing I considered wrong.

Artos
07-17-09, 09:40
I've never "spotlighted." It's one thing I considered wrong.

pretty common offense for deer...we do use it from time to time to control the wild pig numbers and coyote calling, but they are considered non-game. Full moons / big objective scopes and varmint AR's are the nutz for this application.

Detective_D
07-17-09, 15:31
Having also grown up in E. Texas, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I never "road hunted" but I had my share of wild experiences and such. I think I turned out ok......15 years of LE experience with many more to go.
~D

sandman99and9
07-18-09, 01:14
I used to walk the railroad tracks behind where i lived and shot just about anything you can think of. I would be arrested now if I did that.

s.m.