PDA

View Full Version : New Magpul guy here, 1st post.

DrDrake
01-25-07, 11:46
Yo, just wanted to do an intro. I've lingered around here for quite awhile. Now that things have simmered down here for now I figured it was time to take a hit of the crack called m4carbine.net. I've been double dipping with the Magpul guys for the last three+ years. During this time I was a Deputy here in Colorado. Prior to that I was a city cop in Oakland, CA where I was on the Enty team and Patrol Rifle team. Around four months ago I came on at Magpul full time. The last four months have been the most exciting months I've had in a long time. The Masada project was/is a blast!

With all we have going on here I'll do what I can to help answer Q's and provide info here. I'm a pretty straight up Fella. If I don't know the answer to a Q I'll tell you I don't know. Thanks.

Drake

Pat_Rogers
01-25-07, 11:54
Welcome!!
Glad to see you here. I truly enjoy what Magpul has done/ is doing, and appreciate the work that went into it.

DrMark
01-25-07, 11:54
Glad to have you around, Drake.

Welcome!

Mark

M4arc
01-25-07, 11:58
Welcome Drake, your presence here will be an asset to forum.

molsen
01-25-07, 11:59
Welcome aboard!

I look forward to your contributions to the site.

Hawkeye
01-25-07, 12:31
Glad you made it over here D.

NickB
01-25-07, 13:41
Hey buddy, good to see you finally made it over here. I'll see you tomorrow bright and early. :)

Stickman
01-25-07, 13:52
Good to see you over here Drake.

USMC03
01-25-07, 13:54
Welcome aboard Drake!!!

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Robb Jensen
01-25-07, 13:55
Good to have you! :D

dimmak
01-25-07, 14:13
welcome to the forum.....

Army Chief
01-25-07, 14:54
Drake,

I've got to admit it; in a world where novelty seems to pass for innovation all too often, Magpul is a breath of fresh air. You'll find a warm -- and much deserved -- welcome here.

Oh, and you can put me down for a couple of Masadas, too. Amazing!! :D

Chief

9DivDoc
01-25-07, 15:27
Nice to see Magpul have an online presence here...

With the UBR..Magpul's new lower...& Masada coming out....

You guys will be so busy you'll have to learn to keyboard with your feet....

baffle Stack
01-25-07, 16:06
Glad to have you here.

FlyAndFight
01-25-07, 16:08
Welcome aboard, Drake. Glad to have another industry insider on the forum. Better prepare to have your brain picked by everyone!

DrDrake
01-25-07, 17:25
What a friendly bunch, hope it stays that way. I'll do what I can to handle our business here in a mannor that keeps ones butt from hurting.;)

SuicideHz
01-25-07, 19:15
Welcome!

I've seen you referred to as Drake in pictures, and know the name from elsewhere but didn't know they were the same.

:)

Obiwan
01-25-07, 19:41
Since I am local.....I would like to enthusiastically volunteer to be a product tester.

If I can't break it..... it is invincible

Or maybe a live target...you know if free stuff is involved:D

DrDrake
01-25-07, 21:22
Do I know you from somewhere? Just curious.

Wow, lots of guys here I've known for awhile and some recent Buds too. Good to know y'all are here.

Welcome!

I've seen you referred to as Drake in pictures, and know the name from elsewhere but didn't know they were the same.

:)

SuicideHz
01-25-07, 21:48
Do I know you from somewhere? Just curious.

Wow, lots of guys here I've known for awhile and some recent Buds too. Good to know y'all are here.

JosephR on TOS.

DrDrake
01-25-07, 22:57
Well hello JosephR. I haven't typed to you in quite a bit. How ya been. Psssst, I'm on vacation over here.:p

JosephR on TOS.

Jay Cunningham
01-26-07, 06:46
Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I guess I'll stir the pot a little by linking to this (http://www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm):

15 Jan 07 Shot Show Parting Shot. Nothing shown at the Shot Show was better or offered more features than the XCR. No other rifle has 1) the ergonomics, 2) the quick-change barrel, 3) the changeable calibers, and 4) the complete and solid rail system offered by the XCR. If any one disagrees with this statement, we challenge you to email us at shotshow2007@robarm.com We will respond.

Hawkeye
01-26-07, 08:18

I guess I'll stir the pot a little by linking to this (http://www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm):

Horsepuckey.

DrDrake
01-26-07, 10:51
Stir away Bro. I put 500+ rounds down range last week in the XCR, nice rifle.

SuicideHz
01-26-07, 19:26
I bet it seems like vacation, huh? Getting paid to test great new stuff that everyone will give a left nut for (those of us who haven't given it away for the last greatest thing...) and have your picture posted doing mag dumps with the MASADA!

NickB
01-26-07, 20:02
I bet it seems like vacation, huh? Getting paid to test great new stuff that everyone will give a left nut for (those of us who haven't given it away for the last greatest thing...) and have your picture posted doing mag dumps with the MASADA!

Just wait for Drake's Arnold impression doing a PMAG dump. The video is classic!

RHINO6383
01-26-07, 22:49
GIVE ME A BREAK!

Robarm can not produce enough, on a consistant basis to even compare to what the Masada will do. Magpul will blow Robarm out of the water!

I just stopped an order for the SIG556.

To get the SIG556 to the capabilities of the Masada, I would have to spend around a $1000.00 more for sights, rails and stock.

The Magpul Masada will kill the Robarm XCR and the SIG556!

Customer service and availability makes sales. Robarm and SIg can not fill the orders they have now. Magpul Masada will!

Rich makes great products, the Masada will be no different. It will be available prior to SHOT 08, Mark my words.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

alien319
01-27-07, 00:28
Welcome Drake, I am new as well, and I have enjoyed every minute on here.

DrDrake
01-27-07, 09:37
The quote here cracks me up. Pretty bold statemnent for a company who chose not to partcipate at the Show this year at all. That said, they are selling rifles.....

15 Jan 07 Shot Show Parting Shot. Nothing shown at the Shot Show was better or offered more features than the XCR. No other rifle has 1) the ergonomics, 2) the quick-change barrel, 3) the changeable calibers, and 4) the complete and solid rail system offered by the XCR. If any one disagrees with this statement, we challenge you to email us at shotshow2007@robarm.com We will respond.

Jay Cunningham
01-27-07, 11:29
Yeah, I thought it was rather bold myself, that's why I linked to it. From most reports, the XCR seems to be performing well, though.

It looks like XCR, Masada, civvie SCAR and various mono/piston AR's will be the competing next gen of civilian fighting guns.

Not a bad thing at all...