PDA

View Full Version : BCM 20" now in stock

carbinero
07-18-09, 16:47
Finally!

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DURG%2DGOV%2D20

eagle5
07-18-09, 16:49
For those of you interested,

BCM M16 Government 20" Upper Receiver Groups (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-Government-20-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-gov-20.htm) are in stock.

ChristopherM4
07-18-09, 17:35
Yeah....mines on it's way!!!

Dunderway
07-18-09, 17:45
I have absolutely zero use for this, but am still having a hard time not ordering one. I bet these go quick.

eagle5
07-18-09, 17:57
I have absolutely zero use for this, but am still having a hard time not ordering one. I bet these go quick.

Agreed. After meeting with The_Katar last night for some M4C Regional "n00b" mentoring, I have come to the conclusion that I should learn everything I can with what i currently have (BCM middy) before I go out and start adding more ARs to my collection. Still, something keeps telling me to get the plastic out!

RAM Engineer
07-18-09, 18:48
I can't understand why we have two threads on this topic when BCM has email notification for anyone who was interested to begin with. I'm glad some other forums have stopped allowing "retail alerts".

Dunderway
07-18-09, 19:01
I can't understand why we have two threads on this topic when BCM has email notification for anyone who was interested to begin with. I'm glad some other forums have stopped allowing "retail alerts".

You weren't forced to read this thread. Sometimes the email alerts do not work. I have personally been able to get an upper and a BCG because members here alerted me, when the email alert did not work or was delayed. BCM is also a forum sponsor.

Maybe you would be happier on those other forums.

EATLEAD
07-18-09, 19:30
You weren't forced to read this thread. Sometimes the email alerts do not work. I have personally been able to get an upper and a BCG because members here alerted me, when the email alert did not work or was delayed. BCM is also a forum sponsor.

Maybe you would be happier on those other forums.

+1 I havent yet recieved the email notification but I definately ordered mine, as I have been waiting for this to come up for sale now for like 5 months.

And thank you for posting the heads up eagle5, I am one step closer to my M16A4 clone build.

Rider
07-18-09, 19:35
I appreciate the alerts. I was emailed this time but other times I was not. Sat this one out with regret. Saving for the body armor....

RetreatHell
07-18-09, 20:27
Just curious, how long have these been out of stock?

.45fmjoe
07-18-09, 22:01
My father picked one up, he loves 20" ARs. Probably since he is a former Marine. :D

Ricardus
07-18-09, 22:34
Thank goodness for all the forum alerts because sometimes the email system does not work for whatever reason. As it is I nearly missed out. I am glad sales have been slow relative to the other BCM offerings like their middys and carbine 16 in. I think it is due to fact that the panic buying has slowed down quite a bit and the 20 inch model is not that popular these days.

However, I wanted the 20 inch version because that is what I had when I was a paratrooper.:D After carrying an M203 as a grenadier for some time and then the SAW (M249) for a short period, I made sergeant and started carrying the M16A2 and I was amazed at how light (relatively speaking ;)) it was.

I am debating whether or not I want to put a PRS stock or a UBR stock on the LMT lower I have or whether or not I should get a BCM lower. Unfortunately, even if I can find a BCM lower it would probably have a carbine stock on it which would be useless for my purposes. Decisions, decisions!:D

kwelz
07-18-09, 22:38
These alerts have given me the chance to purchase items I otherwise would have missed out on. I am glad they are here. Frankly if I wasn't in a tight spot money wise I would be jumping on this as well.

Ricardus
07-18-09, 22:43
Just curious, how long have these been out of stock?

Too damn long!:) It has been months and months. Considering how long I waited for the BCM M16 BCG and missed it at least twice, I was very happy to get the BCM BCG because I had been waiting for months for a BCM 20 inch barreled upper.

RetreatHell
07-18-09, 22:43
deleted double post

armakraut
07-18-09, 23:15
I'm going to regret passing on this one.

But a man's CC has to know its limitations.

Spooky130
07-19-09, 08:55

I agree sometimes but it is nice to see people looking out for others. Also, with the batches coming and going as fast as they do, sometimes people forget to sign up for a new email alert.

I snagged one last night. I had a 20" Bushmaster upper with one of their heavy barrels - too heavy! I started looking for a 1/7", Gov't profile, "F" marked FSB barrel last year about November and this is the first time I've been able to snag one. Now the question is: do I get another BCM lower to go with it???

Spooky

biodegraded
07-19-09, 19:27
Ahhh man, I gave it 24 hours, sure that they would sell out in that time. It still shows them in stock! You guys really need to buy them so I don't...

RetreatHell
07-19-09, 20:34
Ahhh man, I gave it 24 hours, sure that they would sell out in that time. It still shows them in stock! You guys really need to buy them so I don't...

That is so F-ing funny, man! I was thinking the exact same thing as well!! If I buy one, I probably wouldn't even finish the build for months since I have other builds I need to finish first.

But it's just the fact that they are even available right now, coupled with the fact that I don't have a 20" AR yet and would really like to get one to remind me of my days in the Corps and serving in Iraq with my M16A2, that makes it REALLY tempting to click on the "Add To Cart" icon.

-Paul

armakraut
07-19-09, 21:22
Gone now.

Temptation averted!

carbinero
07-19-09, 22:21
As a postlude, reason for the duplicate threads is we were entering them at the same time. No need to get upset about it, and thanks mods for combining.

RetreatHell
07-19-09, 22:22
Gone now.

Temptation averted!

My bank account is happy! I wonder exactly how many of those uppers were originally in stock yesterday when the word got out?