PDA

View Full Version : BCM Crhomelined barrels

Mr.Goodtimes
07-18-09, 18:10
Whose barrels does BCM use on their assembled Crhome Lined upper receiver groups?

carbinero
07-18-09, 18:24
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=63

That thread has the most spec info I've seen directly from BCM. Here are a few:

"HPT / MP Inspected Barrels
Military specifications require that barrels undergo a HPT (High-Pressure Test) load as a part of quality assurance procedures. Commonly referred to as a proof load, the M197 HPT is rated for 70,000 psi. BCM barrels are proof loaded and then MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface. The barrels are MP inspected with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 (current Mil-Spec) to assure a high quality finished product. All BCM barrels are marked HP MP as our proof load marking."

"Mil-Spec 4150 - Barrel Steel
BCM barrel steel is Mil-Spec per MIL-B-11595E. The 4150 grade (CMV) of steel is a Mil-Spec steel used in the USGI M16 family of rifles; it is stronger and will last longer than the typical barrels offered in the commercial market. The Mil-Spec grade 4150 gets its’ additional strength and rigidity from an increase in carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy. This will offer increased barrel life and performance through use in all types of extreme environments and temperatures."

Mr.Goodtimes
07-18-09, 19:24
i read through that thread but could not find anywhere who actually makes the barrel blanks BCM uses. Im curious as I'm interested in one of his uppers and would like to know where the barrels are coming from.

LMT? CMMG? FN? Sabre?

carbinero
07-18-09, 19:34
Friend, I'd like to know myself. However, I'm fairly certain BCM said in a related thread that's a trade secret. You can be sure of at least these one thing: they're top notch. ;)

LOKNLOD
07-18-09, 19:48
Honestly, does it matter? BCM quality is a known commodity so obviously they're not using anything from the bottom of the rejects bin.

Assuming one received a straight answer, is there a name or names that would cause one to say "no more BCM for me..." or "oh, now I'll consider one..." ?

BCM has been around long enough that it's worth just accepting BCM = BCM at face value.

SiGfever
07-18-09, 19:50
With their reputation and the specs given it is a quality barrel.

KevinB
07-18-09, 20:14
Paul at BCM is a class act, and committed to putting out and excellent product, I would comfortably buy a barrel from him that has his name on it, knowing he will not put his name on low quality items.

Mr.Goodtimes
07-18-09, 20:26
I trust that paul is using quality parts. my mind is already made up, i will be purchasing one of his uppers. I was really just curious as to where the barrels come from, simply because I like to know everything about what I'm buying. It doesnt matter to me weather he gets his barrel from CMMG, LMT, Sabre etc... I'd just like to know.

RojasTKD
07-18-09, 20:38
simple straight answer...

We don't know.
Those that know aren't telling.

Mr.Goodtimes
07-18-09, 20:47
simple straight answer...

We don't know.
Those that know aren't telling.

well i recon that answers that.

I highly doubt that he is but, I think that it would be really really funny if it turned out paul was using something like CMMG barrels :eek: lol! that could potentially cause anarchy on the boards!

I would tend to think that his barrels come from either Sabre, LMT, or Colt

RAM Engineer
07-18-09, 21:45
it's possible that he could have more than one supplier of barrels.

Thomas M-4
07-18-09, 21:51
Who else makes 16'' 4150 barrels with a middy gas system? Other than saber-defense?

Robb Jensen
07-18-09, 22:13
Whose barrels does BCM use on their assembled Crhome Lined upper receiver groups?

I don't know but they are DAMN GOOD!.

Barrels weren't available for years from Bravo because Paul was not happy with the quality of the barrels steels available. The BCM lowers, uppers, BCGs, barrels, actually all of it's components are very nice and very high quality.