PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Used MagPuls on Kalashnikov Magazines?

Jay Cunningham
01-25-07, 18:50
I was wondering if anybody has used this combination. I am experimenting with tactical reloading of the SLR-106FR and I can see how something like a MagPul would GREATLY enhance the process.

If anybody has, did you use the 5.56 or the 7.62 version?

Eric Cartman
01-26-07, 19:05
Not sure what caliber the SLR-106FR is, but I do know that the 5.56 magpuls will work on the AK-74 mags ( I used to have an SAR-3 ). I guarantee it!!

Jay Cunningham
01-28-07, 12:08
The SLR-106FR is 5.56mm; same size as the AK-74 mags - thanks very much!

:D

eggroll
01-29-07, 14:09
the 556 MAGPULs work on bulgarian waffle 762x39 mags as well

EGG

yasnevo
01-31-07, 17:47
While I really like Magpuls products... I hate them on AK mags... a while ago I had a few on some 7.62x39mm mags... and... I put them into my chest rig bullets first... as Mr. Murphy would dictate...when I went to draw the mag... the closure at the top of the mag pouch was narrow enough that the lip on the back of the mag caught... I pulled, tugged, pulled... and when I looked down to see what the issue was... if came free... I damn near hit myself in the face with the mag.

So, since then... I never really used Mapguls on AK mags ;)

Y-

www.lmsdefense.com

Jay Cunningham
01-31-07, 19:09
Thanks for your insight, Yancey.

I was wondering more about them facilitating administrative reloads rather than for an easy yank out of a chest rig, but all things must be considered.

Do you teach tac reloads for the Kalashnikov with the fresh mag in-hand first, or do you advocate removing the partially spent mag and stowing it first?

yasnevo
02-01-07, 11:44
Well, train like you fight...
in a gunfight there are no admin reloads...

Y-

Jay Cunningham
02-01-07, 15:00
Well, train like you fight...
in a gunfight there are no admin reloads...

Y-

Ah, well...

I know that this can be one of those contentious topics and that different trainers and students have good arguments for their own TTP's.

Thanks again for the info and I hope someday to take your AK101 course.

yasnevo
02-01-07, 23:55
Roger that... I agree...

We hope to have you in a class some day.

Y-