PDA

View Full Version : 5.45 mag issue?

davidk
07-18-09, 23:58
I have a few 5.45 x39 mags from C-products and have problems getting more than 20 in. I will be contacting Cproducts shortly about the problem. Anyone else have that problem? Any other companies making an 5.45?

621sig
07-19-09, 08:55
yes mate, i have the same issue. I read in another post on here something about spraying some kinda lube in the bottom. Please let us know if C-Products come back with any fixes.

davidk
07-19-09, 09:12
thanks for the reply. Lube in a mag is not a good idea though... attracts dirt and the clogs. I will give them a call and see what they say.

rdrouant
07-20-09, 09:08
My c prod mags easily fit 28, putting 30 in seems to increase likely hood of a feeding issue that surfaces every now and then. The problem seems amplified by the use of 70gr ammo so far ive had the best results with the surplus stuff (53g). I am curious what c products tells you though so let me know. In particular im wondering what if anything i should put in the magazine

Josh-L
07-20-09, 18:46
Yep common problem. What I did was ordered as many mags as I could afford and weeded out the bad ones. I have found that if I get 10 mags only 3 will be good enough to keep. 44mag.com will replace any bad ones. We need more people to post in my Magpul thread for them to make us some pmags.

BigSam
07-25-09, 20:45
I've only tried one C prod. mag and that was the one that came with the rifle.
I've found that Parson GI 5.56 surplus mags work great. If you come across one try it out.

MisterWilson
07-26-09, 00:13
I know of a product that might just fix what ails you.

Let me be up front, I know the guy selling them, but I am not profiting from the sale of them nor have I tested them personally.

http://545ar.com/

Supposedly they drop in without any modification and get everything functioning correctly. But I do plan on getting my own 5.45 upper soon so let me know how it works out for you.

ABNAK
07-26-09, 09:25
I went to Lowes and bought a can of silicon/teflon spray lube. Tore the mags apart and sprayed the insides, springs, and followers with it. Let it dry and wiped off the excess. Makes loading much easier. Seems to smooth the function greatly.

87GN
07-27-09, 04:31
I know of a product that might just fix what ails you.

Let me be up front, I know the guy selling them, but I am not profiting from the sale of them nor have I tested them personally.

http://545ar.com/

Supposedly they drop in without any modification and get everything functioning correctly. But I do plan on getting my own 5.45 upper soon so let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks for the props, man...

I don't know that my follower would do much here. This sounds like a mag body issue, it's not something that I have ever encountered. I could list a dozen problems with that mag right off the top of my head. Huge variations in body size being only one of those problems. Now, it could be a follower issue, as mine don't bind up in the body like the stock one, but I can't guarantee that, just want people to know before they buy. I'd love to get my hands on one of these mags, in fact I'll swap a good CP mag with one of my followers for one, if anyone's interested.

edit: btw: I emailed the site staff several months ago about advertising, and never heard back. So if anyone of import is reading this, I'd like to give you some money to pimp my product on your website.

crossgun
07-27-09, 15:21
87GN

Looks like the follower out of the TangoDown ARC mags. Is it?

87GN
07-27-09, 15:31
87GN

Looks like the follower out of the TangoDown ARC mags. Is it?

Yes, it is, modified for use in the CP mag.

sdacbob
07-31-09, 12:35
When I first got mine I could only get 20rds in them too. After a few uses at the range they easily filled to the 25 to 28 I normally run. I have sprayed the interior with a dry lube. No issues with them now.

justin_247
08-02-09, 03:00
Has anybody tried these new followers, yet?

I'm still considering purchasing an M&P15R, but all the mag problems that exist so far have kept me from spending the money. I have no issue swapping out the buffer for an H3, putting in a BCM extractor upgrade kit, and changing out the gas rings, but I really don't have the time to spend weeding out bad magazines.

m4fun
08-16-09, 22:34
Bump on the follower report. Would love to see how this one works.

Littlelebowski
08-16-09, 22:39
Has anybody tried these new followers, yet?

I'm still considering purchasing an M&P15R, but all the mag problems that exist so far have kept me from spending the money. I have no issue swapping out the buffer for an H3, putting in a BCM extractor upgrade kit, and changing out the gas rings, but I really don't have the time to spend weeding out bad magazines.

I've never had the problem others seem to obsess over and I keep saying that but no one listens to something positive posted about gear on the internet........

Littlelebowski
08-16-09, 22:57
m4fun, you can shoot mine tomorrow at the NRA range if you want to see this "issue."

87GN
08-24-09, 11:39
I've never had the problem others seem to obsess over and I keep saying that but no one listens to something positive posted about gear on the internet........

You're lucky...well, I didn't have any issues (not a single failure in over 1k rounds) until I went to an LAV class with my S&W 5.45...choke choke choke.

Part of my problem was bringing a few brand new mags...but even the original mag, the one with the most rounds through it, gave me problems.

rdrouant
10-03-09, 21:52
first trip to the range today since adding the silicon teflon lube to my MP15r mags, 0 failures in about 300 rounds which was way better than what i was experiencing before. Also on a side note those who hate on the surplus ammo on other threads must not have used it and in most cases probably don't even own this rifle. I find that the surplus ammo is more accurate/reliable than the 70gr wolf stuff and the other 60 grain ammo that is available as well. I was wondering if you think adding an H3 buffer would help reduce the recoil below its already minimal level? How about a different muzzle brake? any suggestions on some custom upgrades from people who actually own and shoot the rifle are much appreciated!

Hunter Rose
10-03-09, 22:19
My S&W 5.45 sports an H3 buffer and runs fine, other than the occasional mag related issue it has worked well. Defnitely worth it for a cheaper training rifle.

621sig
10-03-09, 23:58
I put a PWS TTO muzzle break on mine, its a noticeable difference but not that drastic. I also swapped my standard carbine buffer out for a H2 but i have yet to shoot it with this config.

I had a ton of trouble with mine when i first got it, ended up going back to S&W for some chamber and feed ramp work. Now, since it went back i have put about 2k rounds through it without any FTF or FTE, which is nice.