PDA

View Full Version : 9mm extraction problems

davidk
07-19-09, 00:49
Weird problem... shoots Win white box fine but I have extraction problems with Corbon. Empty case hands up above the mag and blocks feeding. Any ideas?

(I don't want to get into the rifle manufacturer as I would prefer to keep this from becoming a pissing contest)

Paul45
08-07-09, 12:05
I have had a simular problem with "HOT" 9mm loads in my OLY ARMS (mm Glock Mag Carbine. I used a heavier recoil spring.

Walnut
09-02-09, 15:16
Two causes. I will give fixes for Colt/RRA style.

Ejector or Extractor or both can be the problem

Check the Ejector and make sure that it is tight and light drags against the center of the bolt on the side and along the top groove. I even take a file and square up the face.

Extractor. Make sure you got a good tight roll pin, if not get a new 1/8" at the hardware stores like Lowes or Ace. I check the extractor by putting a dummy round in the BCG and giving it a whack in my hand and see if the dummy falls out. I like the extractor to hold tight. I should have to whack it in my hand 2-3 times before it falls out. I also check the extractor hook also and make sure it is good and sharp. I have seen a few rough cut faces. Read up on how to Tighten 1911 extractors and do the same with you bolt. I had to tighten up one of mine several times before it ran 100%.

One other thing, I have found 9mm love to run in A2 stocks with a full length AAC buffer. It is extremely heavy, over double a 9mm carbine buffer in weight, but it makes the gun shoot softer and by slowing it down, it runs more reliably.

Good luck and I hope it helps

LonghunterCO
09-02-09, 19:07
AAC buffer?

Paul45
09-02-09, 20:45
I have a 9mm Oly (Glock Mag). Had the same issue. It is ammo sensitive. Try a heavier buffer spring and a different buffer.

Walnut
09-03-09, 14:34
ACC buffer is from Advanced Armament Corp.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6003/Product/M16_MODEL_M16SS_CYCLIC_RATE_REDUCER

Paulinski
09-03-09, 14:53
Since you didn't offer manufacturer its hard to give advice.

My 10.5" RRA had ejection problems with Hahn dedicated block.

I bent the ejector and the problem went away. I also had my RRA bolt ramped and installed M16 hammer as opposed to 9mm hammer.

The weapon runs great now.