PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody/need opinions

usafcustomM4
01-25-07, 22:19
First of all i just want to say thanks to every one who has gave me my much needed info, so with my in depth questions out of the way i want to get the opinion of every one because you all have way more knowledge than me. so if you see a mis-match or not needed part just let me know. this is as far as i got(tons of money spent so far and i still cant shoot it) so all the inner componets will be picked up with income tax:D

wilson tactical stripped lower
VLTOR stock and upper
larue mod system
magpull maid grip package
eotech 411 (i think)
daniel defense front and rear flip ups
vortex flash hider
chip mccormick trigger
thousands spent and a useless weapon after a year of building------priceless

When i get the bolt and stuff i thought of getting the titanium parts but might just stick with the plan jane GI stuff that i know for the inner stuff. Or i might get the bolt and stuff GRANT posted..

so just looking for a few thoughts good or negative. dont be shy

matt

DrDrake
01-25-07, 23:07
Double tap

DrDrake
01-25-07, 23:07
Get a lower, all of the parts you need, put that thing together and go shoot it! Save your pennies for ammo or better yet, make buddies with the range guys. That's what I did, 12 pack per hour of shooting was the going rate for me. Hang out around here, I've learned A LOT.

Off subject, whats your AFSC?

Stickman
01-25-07, 23:35
First of all i just want to say thanks to every one who has gave me my much needed info, so with my in depth questions out of the way i want to get the opinion of every one because you all have way more knowledge than me. so if you see a mis-match or not needed part just let me know. this is as far as i got(tons of money spent so far and i still cant shoot it) so all the inner componets will be picked up with income tax:D

wilson tactical stripped lower
VLTOR stock and upper
larue mod system
magpull maid grip package
eotech 411 (i think)
daniel defense front and rear flip ups
vortex flash hider
chip mccormick trigger
thousands spent and a useless weapon after a year of building------priceless

When i get the bolt and stuff i thought of getting the titanium parts but might just stick with the plan jane GI stuff that i know for the inner stuff. Or i might get the bolt and stuff GRANT posted..

so just looking for a few thoughts good or negative. dont be shy

matt

Dump the Wilson lower unless its real cheap.

Vltor stocks are solid and well built, as are the Magpul stock series.

larue mod system? No idea what that is, nor why its needed.

Magpul MIAD is a great grip, and one of the most useful grips I've used. I carry them on my duty weapons.

Eotech 411? You probably mean 511, but its a good unit.

Daniel Defense makes great stuff, but front and rear sights aren't available through them that I'm aware of. There are a lot of good sights to choose from.

Vortex FS is fine, but a standard A2 works pretty well, and is $45 cheaper. A Phantom does pretty much the same deal as the Vortex, and is half the price.

CMC trigger...... There are a lot of reported problems with them, so make sure thats what you really want. Timney has a fairly new trigger out that is a cleaner single stage, but the LMT 2 stage is pretty solid, and the Geiselle is a bombproof 2 stage that will last and last.

Dump the titanium coating idea and stick with solid parts. The BCG that Grant is getting should be a great one. LMT also makes a very solid BCG for a good price.

What are your plans for a barrel?

usafcustomM4
01-27-07, 14:40
2E652 Cable and antenna maintenance (cable dawg)
My wife is in to, shes a SP;)

But i plan on getting all the info from this site because its more in depth than most manuals or guides and a hell of a lot cheaper too.:D

But i did get a good deal on all the stuff i already bought because i work part time at a gun shop. i dont really do in depth stuff because i havent had the chance to start my gunsmith classes because of our high deplyment rate. i mostly just refurbish hurricane katrina guns, which is why i ask so many questions about my build because i dont want to f@#k it up. And the simple fact that you guys know a hell of a lot more about the little black rifle than i do.

Take it easy guys
matt

sgtrock82
01-27-07, 20:04
Not a big fan of the chip mccormick triggers. unless they've changed, i believe they rely on external e clips or c clips to hold them in. (at least they did last time i saw one) not a fantastic idea. I am a little behind the times, but I have always liked worked over stock triggers (cheap) and jewells. Geiselle is a great guy (lives close by) and makes an awesome trigger. I don't own one, bit it isn't because i don't want one.