PDA

View Full Version : Big Thumbs up to Grant at G&R

number9xd
07-19-09, 19:06
I've been meaning to do this post for a few days but keep forgetting or getting side tracked. I was going to get a pic of the lowers and the complete rifles they were built into, but everyone has seen an AR so it's about as useful as posting a pic of a bullet.

A week or so ago I noticed that G&R had BCM lowers in stock. I sent Grant an email asking if it was possible to get 3 of them with consecutive serial #'s. Grant replied promptly with a simple "Yes it is". Grant seems to be a really chatty fellow, hard to get him to stop :D. Actually, I like to deal with someone who is blunt and straight to the point - much more efficient that way. Anyways, when I tried to order the site would only allow me to put in qty of 1. Sent Grant and email and he fixed it and responded quickly letting me know it was good to go now. I placed the order I think on a Friday evening or night even. Monday Grant called my cell to say that my FFL's fax hadn't come through. He was already boxing the lowers up and ready to ship them out that day. I called and had my FFL resend the fax and Grant confirmed it made it through this time. The lowers were at my FFL THE NEXT DAY. He is in OH and I am in KY, but still - that was quick.

The lowers were shipped nice and included a flyer with a few discount codes to save some money on future orders - THANKS GRANT - I will for sure put this to use when I get ready to order an optic.

Grant also includes an option for a FREE gift when placing orders on his site. I chose the "Like Father, Like Son" CD. It's a message of raising your children and how important the Parent's role is in that and how to do a better job of it. My FFL (that I have used since college in 1995) is located just a little over an hour away. Once the boys went to sleep on the ride home, I popped the CD in the player and the wife and I listened to it on the way home. We both really needed to hear that message and I want to give Grant a HUGE +1 for offering those items FREE of charge when someone places orders on his site.

Without getting into a deep discussion, I'll just say that most anyone who's not living under a rock knows that the family structure in today's times ain't what it used to be when most of us grew up. A lot of people (parents and children both) could benefit from these FREE gifts Grant offers, I hope a lot of people have taken Grant's offer, even if just because it was FREE and benefited from them. I know I have. Heck, I'd like to have 1 of each of the FREE gifts Grant has on his site. Guess that will be my excuse to order more stuff from G&R. :D

Thanks again Grant - and a big +1 to ya.

eng208
07-19-09, 20:41
I just like to say my dealings with him have been very positive. I ordered about a year ago and had a good experience, so I didn't have a problem ordering my rifle from him. Very quick and pleasant to deal with. Very helpful in advice too.:D Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but it sure is pretty.
Thanks Grant

sholling
07-19-09, 21:32
He's a great guy to deal with.

ljlinson1206
07-19-09, 22:04
Please excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what or where is G&R? Haven't heard of them yet.

sholling
07-19-09, 22:11
Please excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what or where is G&R? Haven't heard of them yet.I only know Grant from ordering online a few times and recently his posts here. I've found him to be very sharp and his company great to deal with.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/

eng208
07-19-09, 22:18
Please excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what or where is G&R? Haven't heard of them yet.

WHAT???:confused: 25 posts on here and you haven't heard of GandR? Just kidding. Grant contributes a huge amount to this sight, and has a decent website with good prices, enhanced with almost instant email contact, only to be superseded with his expert advice and tips on setups. Is that enough kissing up? Grant really is a good person to deal with and has always been very honest in everything. If he ever says or does anything that hurts someones feelings it is done in pure honesty from experience.:cool:

ljlinson1206
07-19-09, 22:35
Awsome site. Thanks guys.

C4IGrant
07-19-09, 22:57
Thank you for your business and am glad you liked the CD.

For whatever reason, VERY few people take advantage of the free things we offer. All of it is good to go advice (even if you are not a Christian).

C4

Artos
07-20-09, 08:09
Good Stuff!!

I hope to request Grant's services soon on a project #9. :) Had no idea about the freebies, but he sure offers lots of advice at no charge!!

If you want to follow up, there is a good book by John Eldridge called Wild at Heart that falls in line with the cd chosen. A great read and direction for raising kids....It hits on both sons and daughters but really nails it on helping Dad's raising their boys into men. (again, even if you are not a Christian) Lord knows many of our nations troubles is we just have a bunch of sperm doners & leaving the role models up to their peers who had no guidance themselves.

Paul

meisterhau
07-20-09, 08:32
For whatever reason, VERY few people take advantage of the free things we offer. All of it is good to go advice (even if you are not a Christian).

I totally spaced it the last order...

... however, I did add it to the one I placed this morning.

Thanks, Grant!

C4IGrant
07-20-09, 09:11
I totally spaced it the last order...

... however, I did add it to the one I placed this morning.

Thanks, Grant!

Great! Please help yourself.

C4

MAUSER202
07-20-09, 09:37
Grant is great to deal with. I got a surefire coupon with my last order, and lost it.
I e mailed Grant and he gave me a new coupon code, and this was for a new high demand item that he could have refused to discount and sell for full price easily.
I didnt even notice the free stuff, will have to check it out on my next order.

Going4Broke
07-20-09, 13:22
Thank you for your business and am glad you liked the CD.

C4

Hmmmm, I did not know about this. You have a unique and great ministry going there Grant. You will now be my #1 go to guy for stuff.:)

diving dave
07-20-09, 13:35
Yeah I have to add a big +1 to Grants customer service. Although I havent received my order that I placed just last week, but I'd agree G&R is good to go. I wanted to buy a Daniel Defense Carbine for work, and placed the order with grant..Only to find out shortly thereafter, my PD will not authorise that make for duty use, which I thought they did...:mad: After a quick email, Grant just switched my order to a Colt 6920 at about the same price. Seems like a great company to do business with, especially when there are dealers who will not ship anything to California, law enforcement or not.

C4IGrant
07-20-09, 13:35
Hmmmm, I did not know about this. You have a unique and great ministry going there Grant. You will now be my #1 go to guy for stuff.:)

Thank you. I would like to take FULL credit for it, but I cannot. It was actually wifes idea to offer our customers Christian based pamplets/CD's about raising children, finances or just help in general.

C4

Here is the "R" in G&R Singing at a church event
http://www.gandrtactical.com/family/images/Rox2jubiliee.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Roxanne-3015.jpg

RetreatHell
07-20-09, 15:10

Ah... Mystery solved! I was wondering where the "R" came from, that now makes sense!

number9xd
07-20-09, 15:25

So that's the CEO of G&R, huh? :D

C4IGrant
07-20-09, 15:27
So that's the CEO of G&R, huh? :D

LOL, yep.

I am just the box boy.

C4

thespyhunter
07-20-09, 16:06
LOL, yep.

I am just the box boy.

C4

You know what they say, Grant ~ the man is the head of the family, but the woman is the neck ;)

Going4Broke
07-20-09, 17:39
Ah... Mystery solved! I was wondering where the "R" came from, that now makes sense!

Me too, and by the looks of it he is a lucky guy.;)

Safetyhit
07-20-09, 18:25
She is a very pretty woman. You can also see the kindness in her eyes. Good for you.

Maybe my step-mother is right. Perhaps I do need to attend church more often, as I hear every week. Sorry to offend any women here, but the majority of today's females under 40 are narcissists.

Artos
07-20-09, 19:54
Great thread...:)

No better blessing than finding a godly woman...not sure how my wife hung in there, but she never gave up on me and my hard-headed ass.

kry226
07-20-09, 20:02

No better blessing than finding a godly woman...

Concur. I am one of the blessed ones. It's also good to do business with like-minded folks.

C4IGrant
07-21-09, 09:44
Me too, and by the looks of it he is a lucky guy.;)

SHHHH! She thinks she got the better end of the deal! :D

C4

C4IGrant
07-21-09, 09:45
She is a very pretty woman. You can also see the kindness in her eyes. Good for you.

Maybe my step-mother is right. Perhaps I do need to attend church more often, as I hear every week. Sorry to offend any women here, but the majority of today's females under 40 are narcissists.

Well to be honest with you, we attend a very large church. The singles program that the church offers has a male to female ratio of 10 to 1! So the odds are in your favor. ;)

C4

C4IGrant
07-21-09, 09:50

No better blessing than finding a godly woman...not sure how my wife hung in there, but she never gave up on me and my hard-headed ass.

Can I get an AMEN from the CHOIR!!! :D

For those of you single males that are looking for a good women, let me just educate you real quick on one of the benefits of marrying a Christian woman.

God has placed the woman on Earth to be her husbands helper. They also believe that the Man is the HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD (read in charge).

In our current society, woman are taught by the media, etc that they are actually in charge and do not need a man for anything (as we are stupid/worthless).

Which woman would you like to be married too?????

C4

number9xd
07-21-09, 11:12

For those of you single males that are looking for a good women, let me just educate you real quick on one of the benefits of marrying a Christian woman.

God has placed the woman on Earth to be her husbands helper. They also believe that the Man is the HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD (read in charge).

In our current society, woman are taught by the media, etc that they are actually in charge and do not need a man for anything (as we are stupid/worthless).

C4

YEP. Amen on that Grant.

I um........ took advantage of the tremendous possibilities that college (4:1 ratio) offered me as a young man in my early 20's....... if you understand what I am saying. Not long after meeting the girl who is now my wife, I had invited her to come over to my place off campus one day and grill out or something - she lived in the dorm. She said I'd have to come and pick her up because she couldn't drive her car. When I asked why not, she answered because her Dad had grounded her from it and was only allowed to drive it to school and then had to park it until she drove home at the end of the week. I laughed and said, well come on over then and she insisted that she was not going to drive her car all week because her Dad said she was grounded from it and that's the way it was. :confused:

That car didn't move all week and I eventually ended up settling down and dating / marrying that girl. I don't know how she puts up with me but I'm glad she does. :D

kry226
07-21-09, 13:49

C4
Absolutely, the Lord is Good. And that woman might actually succeed in taking your sorry butt to heaven with her when you both die. What more could you ask for? Bliss here and in the afterlife. :cool:

My beautiful wife is the perfect Biblical example and mate.

KYPD
07-21-09, 14:30
Grant sells great products at competitive prices. His advice is invaluable: he has never led me wrong even when there was more profit to be made by selling what the herd preferred.

I miss the days when he first started out, and it was easier to speak with him on the phone and get his advice on what to buy. But even now, as busy as he is supplying arms to the free world, he still responds quickly to his email. This is extremely unusual among gun retailers.

If I still lived in Ohio, I would be at his shop every other weekend.

Thanks Grant. Keep up the good work.

tylerw02
07-21-09, 14:37
Thank you. I would like to take FULL credit for it, but I cannot. It was actually wifes idea to offer our customers Christian based pamplets/CD's about raising children, finances or just help in general.

C4

She sounds like quite a catch, Grant! Congratulations, you are a lucky guy! The girl I've been dating sings and plays guitar and has been talking about starting to do it at church.

C4IGrant
07-21-09, 14:42
She sounds like quite a catch, Grant! Congratulations, you are a lucky guy! The girl I've been dating sings and plays guitar and has been talking about starting to do it at church.

Thank you.

C4

tylerw02
07-21-09, 14:44
Quite welcome.