PDA

View Full Version : La France M16K

MiggyE
07-20-09, 03:03
i was wondering if any one here has shot/used this AR variant? its like the colt SMG, but using 45 caliber ammunition. it uses old thompson stick magazines. its made by La France, a firearms division of SureFire.

MiggyE
07-22-09, 11:53
sheesh! you ask a legit question, and you get a weirdo...:rolleyes:

Brother Rat
07-22-09, 12:00
Not sure what's going on in this thread...
Anyway, are M-16K's still made? I know LaFrance works for Surefire now, but I didn't know he was still turning out his cool shortys? To answer your question though, no, haven't shot one but I'd love to someday!

Buck
07-22-09, 12:07
I believe the 16K-45 is still avaliable to .GOV end users... NAIT in Texas does their LE sales... Here is a link to their contact email... You can drop them a line and ask...

http://nait.com/LAFRANCE/corre.html

B

MiggyE
07-23-09, 01:52
Not sure what's going on in this thread...
Anyway, are M-16K's still made? I know LaFrance works for Surefire now, but I didn't know he was still turning out his cool shortys? To answer your question though, no, haven't shot one but I'd love to someday!

hello brother rat. yes, i guess they still are. was on an evaluation panel looking at options to replace a dozen A1's that were in our city's SWAT unit. got several offers, and NAIT submitted one for M16k's, all brand new. was wondering if they were a good buy. can't get one though, as the distributor mad it clear it was only for government orders.:(

MiggyE
07-23-09, 01:55
I believe the 16K-45 is still avaliable to .GOV end users... NAIT in Texas does their LE sales... Here is a link to their contact email... You can drop them a line and ask...

http://nait.com/LAFRANCE/corre.html

B

thanks for the help buck. actually, i found out about the M16k when NAIT submitted a bid to replace a dozen worn 16A1's in the city's SWAT unit with 16k's. that's what got me wondering if it was worth the buy. still waiting for Colt's offer.