PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Upper Receiver

No Bananas
07-20-09, 11:33
PK Firearms has a Bushmaster Upper (this is just the upper w/ forward assist and port cover, no barrel or anything else). It has M4 Feed Ramps. Although I usually try and stay away from Bushmaster parts, I think most upper receivers are made to the same specs by the same folks. Would this be a good idea for my build. I am building with high quality barrels and such, but if I get this I can order everything from PK. Is it a godd idea or an unsafe risk/bet? Thanks.

Iraqgunz
07-20-09, 11:46
How much is it? Bravo Company has a complete M4 flat top upper with laser T-markings for 109.95.

PK Firearms has a Bushmaster Upper (this is just the upper w/ forward assist and port cover, no barrel or anything else). It has M4 Feed Ramps. Although I usually try and stay away from Bushmaster parts, I think most upper receivers are made to the same specs by the same folks. Would this be a good idea for my build. I am building with high quality barrels and such, but if I get this I can order everything from PK. Is it a godd idea or an unsafe risk/bet? Thanks.

tango-papa
07-20-09, 12:48

Not if you're going to use BM parts.:rolleyes:

USMC0351
07-20-09, 13:08
An upper is an upper. All the same things

Iraqgunz
07-20-09, 15:45
Well since the OP hasn't come back I did some homework. PK firearms is asking 135.00 for that upper. The Bravo Company one is 109.95. Seems pretty simple to me. But, I guess since I am a "tier 1" snob he should just go with the more expensive one. :rolleyes:

5pins
07-20-09, 22:46

No they are not. I recently did some builds with some DSA uppers and while they work fine there was a lot of tool marks. I know that looks are less important then performance, but I have to wonder how much they are paying attention to detail.

On the other hand, the ones that Bravo is selling are outstanding.

kaiservontexas
07-21-09, 00:50
I gonna agree with Iraqgunz. Then again I have had enough bad experiences before coming to this site and learning. I'd stay away from anything BM.

Rock-N-Ruin
07-21-09, 01:26
Pretty simple really: Bushmaster for 135.00 or a BCM for 109 hmm.. You'll get the higher end part guaranteed for cheeper so I don't undersand the confusion?.. I plan on starting another build here soon and the BCM for 109 is what I'll be ordering.. I'll probably order a 410 SS barrel while I am at it!!! Simple.. J.