PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Bore Guide?

Pappabear
07-20-09, 19:23
What Bore Guide do you like, or not. I saw the J.P. guide and the guide that GTS sells. I have the Otis and lke it, but I do like the traditional bore guide as well. And are those little Star Chamber maid swabs any good. Or are they a gimic?

sdcromer
07-20-09, 20:34
I've been using the chamber maid stars for a couple of years now and I like them. Heck of a lot easier than a bunch of Q-tips.

JSGlock34
07-20-09, 21:08
I agree; I hate cleaning and those chamber swabs are a nice time saver. Recommended.

Artos
07-20-09, 21:19
I like the Lucas guide....but admit I come from a benchrest background. I have not found a better system if you like conventional rod / brush / jag cleaning. You will need his insert for your .22 rod if you don't have it.

I am really getting excited about the foaming bore cleaners and see some of the br boys moving this direction....it will be next once I use up all the gazillion brushes I have.

An Undocumented Worker
07-20-09, 21:21
I use a Proshot AR 15/M 16 bore guide, its a delrin pipe that fits in the upper reciever and chamber, with an o-ring on the part that goes in the chamber to keep fluids out of the upper.

http://proshotproducts.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=204

tr1kstanc3
07-21-09, 07:03
I have the J.P. Enterprise bore guide and find it is well made and a good investment.

JStor
07-21-09, 17:52
I've been using the Lucas rod guides for many years in bolt guns and AR15s. It just makes sense to use a guide made for a specific action and cleaning rod size.

coldblue
07-21-09, 19:19
In a pinch, use your bolt carrier if your rod will pass through the .25" inside diameter.

Blob
07-21-09, 20:58
In a pinch, use your bolt carrier if your rod will pass through the .25" inside diameter.

If it won't fit through a .25" hole, I'm pretty sure it won't fit through the bore. ;)