PDA

View Full Version : From the mouth of a child

Smuckatelli
07-21-09, 13:37
I needed to get another case of Black Hills ammo for my oldest daughter to get some more trigger time before she leaves for Perry.

I had my two youngest (7 & 5) with me when I went to the guys house to buy the ammo.

The gentleman is older and sports a full white beard and white hair, clear blue eyes and always wears suspenders. I gave my kids heads up that he was older than me before we arrived.

We went down to his basement and he asked my kids how old they were, they told him and then he said that he would start teaching them how to shoot in about 3 years if it was okay with me. The basement was full of rifles in various stages of work, tools, cleaning siolvents, range flags......

So I got the ammo and as we are driving home I asked them how they like the gentleman....they both said the standard 'he's nice' so I asked them what they thought when we first went into the basement.

Tomas said:

"I thought he was Santa Claus and we found his workshop where he makes weapons for kids."

Smuckatelli
07-21-09, 13:39
Mods, I just realized that I put this in the wrong section. Could you move it to General Discussion please.

Thanks

Molon
07-21-09, 15:10
I needed to get another case of Black Hills ammo for my oldest daughter to get some more trigger time before she leaves for Perry.

I had my two youngest (7 & 5) with me when I went to the guys house to buy the ammo.

The gentleman is older and sports a full white beard and white hair, clear blue eyes and always wears suspenders. I gave my kids heads up that he was older than me before we arrived.

We went down to his basement and he asked my kids how old they were, they told him and then he said that he would start teaching them how to shoot in about 3 years if it was okay with me. The basement was full of rifles in various stages of work, tools, cleaning siolvents, range flags......

So I got the ammo and as we are driving home I asked them how they like the gentleman....they both said the standard 'he's nice' so I asked them what they thought when we first went into the basement.

Tomas said:

"I thought he was Santa Claus and we found his workshop where he makes weapons for kids."

That's great! Post this over at DU and sit back and watch the heads explode!

MarshallDodge
07-21-09, 17:40
That's great! Made my day. :cool:

SeriousStudent
07-21-09, 17:49
That is great - it sounds like what my daughter would say at that age. :)

Best wishes that your daughter does well at Camp Perry!