PDA

View Full Version : Seen it all? Now you have.

Outlander Systems
07-22-09, 21:10
Remember the pistol-mounted bayonet?

How about an M203 Flare-launcher?

Or my personal favourite, the rail-mounted Glock!

Well, here's another for the list:

http://www.pookiesarchery.com/Images/Archery/Tac15a.jpg

Dunderway
07-22-09, 21:20
I was going to post this a while back but forgot.

It looks pretty bad to me, but I know nothing about crossbows. Crossbow people might be stoked on it, since it would give them a ton of trigger and stock options.

m4fun
07-22-09, 21:32
Well at least I would replace the stock with a Magpul Uber stock and have a Giesel trigger.

Maybe this should have the 37mm flare gun underneath and NV scope.

militarymoron
07-22-09, 21:43
that crossbow upper was designed in part by vltor.

BAC
07-22-09, 22:37
Is it wrong that I want this? A lot?

A lot of crossbow forums seem kinda upset about it, though. Seems like their political battles are oriented around separating crossbows from firearms laws, or something like that, so this little long range poking device isn't doing much to help their cause.

-B

bkb0000
07-22-09, 23:17
i kind of want one too...

if you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.

warpigM-4
07-22-09, 23:26
Didn't Chewbacca from star wars carried a crossbow like that;)

RancidSumo
07-22-09, 23:36
Goofy? Yes. Fun? HELL YEAH! I want one of those. Now if only it came with a 30rd mag for the bolts...

4thPointOfContact
07-22-09, 23:51
I like it. The only problem I can see is if you take it hunting during a bow or crossbow only season. Technically... you Still have a firearm (i.e. the serial numbered lower) that you are using to hunt with.

Not saying that makes sense, but with some judicial interpretations of what 'concealed' or 'open' carry is, among other decisions... makes me wonder.

Going4Broke
07-23-09, 00:10
I like it. The only problem I can see is if you take it hunting during a bow or crossbow only season. Technically... you Still have a firearm (i.e. the serial numbered lower) that you are using to hunt with.

Not saying that makes sense, but with some judicial interpretations of what 'concealed' or 'open' carry is, among other decisions... makes me wonder.

Not considered a firearm because it fires a bolt through mechanical means. They are pretty sweet, but a bit forward heavy. They are very quiet, especially for a crossbow and will launch that bolt over 400fps. Very cool, but spendy. They are about $1300 then you have to add your lower.

meisterhau
07-23-09, 06:33
I won't say I want one... but I'll say I'd damned sure like to play with one for a little while.

"Tacticool" and "ooohh... black-scary-deadly" - yeah, sure, got that appeal to a lot of folks.

Me, I really enjoy archery in it's various forms. I like the AR lower's ergonomics. Low spread, and good speed. This could really be a kick in the ass!

At $1300, though, I can immediately think of a dozen other purchases I'd rather make, given a flow of cash to do so.

Here (and it's probably true most everywhere), unless you are disabled or over a certain age, you can't hunt with a crossbow. It'd simply be a toy.

eagle5
07-23-09, 07:20
Didn't Chewbacca from star wars carried a crossbow like that;)

<NERD>

Yes, Chewbacca's primary was a laser crossbow properly coined the bowcaster. It was obviously based on a crossbow. If you are really interested, you can read up on the bowcaster here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bowcaster).

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/0/01/Bowcaster_negwt.jpg/768px-Bowcaster_negwt.jpg

</NERD>

Robb Jensen
07-23-09, 07:36
Saw it at SHOT in January. IIRC it was designed by PSE and VLTOR. Has the fastest bolt (arrow) speed and the best trigger of any crossbow. I'd like to own one now that crossbows are legal in VA for deer hunting.

buzz_knox
07-23-09, 07:43
That's just cool. You can keep the crossbow upper in the pack so when the zombies attack, you can take individual ones out silently. :)

This would be a good way to get my dad to own a black rifle. He hunts with a crossbow currently, so we could get him this, then a 5.56 upper later. :D

CarlosDJackal
07-23-09, 11:21
I wonder if I can SBR one? :D

NinjaMedic
07-23-09, 15:07
Can you mount a glock under the forearm with a bayonet under the Glock? You know for charging badgers?

Outlander Systems
07-23-09, 23:03
Wookiee references may have changed my tune...

It definitely needs a green laser, if for no other reason than effect.

Would hunting Sasquatch with this thing be ironic?

chadbag
07-23-09, 23:10
Hasn't this come up before and didn't the guy who used to work there or a competitor who designed an AR based or inspired one and then get let go etc post all about it here? Awhile back?

Ahh, here it is

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=31024

Outlander Systems
07-23-09, 23:16
A big thumbs down @ TheLandlord for thinkin' he was first to find somethin' stinkin'.

m4fun
07-23-09, 23:36
I agree the Wookie thing can work here.

Now, if we can only get Templar to use one at the next South Hill class...

:D