PDA

View Full Version : Knights spare parts??

hitman1012
07-22-09, 22:11
I have a Knights SR-15 E3 coming in tomorrow and was wondering where I can get a spare bolt. I checked Knights site and they are not listed. I e-mailed them on Tues and have not received a response yet as to if they are selling them or not and price etc... Anyway, hopefully I will not need an extra, but I just like to have them on hand, especially since this one is specific to this rifle.
Anyone know where I can get from? Thanks a bunch fellas.

RAM Engineer
07-22-09, 22:28
What a coinkydink! My SR-15 E3 IWS will be showing up tomorrow as well. When I put this question to KevinB (about bolts, specifically) he said "I am not sure on the commercial side of the house, however the bolt will last longer than the Cold Hammer Fordged barrel 20k+"

So, there you go.

hitman1012
07-22-09, 22:32
Nice! Let me know how you like yours. I will some results here after I get to shoot it some. That is a good deal on the bolts. Is the bolt like an LMT, I mean, in case you need to replace and extr. spring or is it 2 springs? If they can be had, its not a big deal.

RAM Engineer
07-22-09, 22:56
Rob S has a post somewhere on here with detailed pictures of the bolt side by side with a standard M16 bolt. IIRC it's two springs, with a smaller cam pin, differently profiled lugs, and an extractor pin relocated more forward. These pics were also in his SWAT article on the KAC that he wrote for the Jan 09 issue.

brianc142
07-22-09, 23:13
RamEngineer, that is correct as far as the bolt. I have an SR15 that's not even close to broken in yet and it's the bees knees. It falls in line with my two favorite Noveskes meaning it's here to stay.

RSF
07-22-09, 23:21
I have one myself. Your gonna love it.

bkb0000
07-22-09, 23:25
how similar/dissimilar are the KAC bolts from the LMT enhanced bolts? they seem more alike than different- perhaps you can use an LMT as backup.

RAM Engineer
07-23-09, 03:06
I've got an LMT enhanced bolt somewhere here at the house. I'll see what happens and get some side by side pics when the KAC gets here. I don't think it will work, but the extractor springs themselves may be interchangeable.

taliv
07-23-09, 14:48
i love my SR-15 too, but just because something is DESIGNED to last 20k+ rnds doesn't mean it will. stuff happens

Miale
07-23-09, 15:20
the e3 has a different lug design (rounded), the barrel extension is different so you can't use a standard lug pattern bolt.

hitman1012
07-29-09, 20:46
anyone know if you can use the dual springs like the LMT in the Knights bolt/extractor? I just want some spare parts just in case. Do not want to have the rifle out of commission for something that simple.

Knights told me the replacement parts have only been available to the military thus far. They should offer these to customers with their product! Unless the springs are available easily, but no one has been able to say that for sure so far.