PDA

View Full Version : Warren Tactical Sights

Loner
01-27-07, 11:22
I finally decided its time to change my G19's sights. I'm looking at the Warren tactical series. A few questions to those who have them.

Should I go for the Warrent Tactical rear or Sevigny Carry rear? Whats the difference?

Tritium front and plain rear, 2 dot or 3 dot night sights?

Robb Jensen
01-27-07, 11:38
Here's some pics of my Glocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/f2f66790.jpg

The two on the left have Warren rear sights and the right on has a Sevigny cut rear (not the carry rear). I like the Warren rear for front night sights and fiber optic fronts. For plain black front sights I like the Sevigny rear best.

NCPatrolAR
01-27-07, 22:47
I have the Sevigny carry sights on my Glock 26 and 19. Absolutely love them and plan to put a set on my Glock 34 and ditch these Heinie Straight 8s. The smooth rear sight is awesome to me.

jjw
01-29-07, 19:31
i have 3 sets on my glocks + 1 on brownings and m&p

i dont like the savigny ? as they sit a little too high , great for competition but not for carry

i do shoot them better than trijicon and i am a trijicon dealer

i only do tritium on the front black on the rear

i did get 2 sets with the fiber optic but they have got be fit and i have not had time. bifocals do better with the warren's than anything else

ask i am around

jjw

militarymoron
01-31-07, 10:59
i've got the warren plain rear and tritium front on my G19. i'll be getting the warren plain rear to go with the stock front sight on my M&P. i like the profile of the warren sight.
i decided not to go with a tritium front on the M&P right now as it's my 'night stand' gun with an X200 on it, which illuminates the target enough where tritium isn't needed.

LOKNLOD
01-31-07, 13:48
Debating whether or not I should try the Warren sights, I used electrical tape to cover the rear dots on my Mepro night sights. Big improvement for me. I'd like to get some for my G17 and also for the 34 I plan on getting in the fairly near future. Does anyone both sell and install the Warren sights? Been debating just getting my own sight pusher.

blake6551
02-24-07, 10:16
Will a sloped sight pusher work for installing the Sevigny rears? Debating getting some but not sure on the install.

What method did you guys use?

Robb Jensen
02-24-07, 10:17
Will a sloped sight pusher work for installing the Sevigny rears? Debating getting some but not sure on the install.

What method did you guys use?

I use a MGW sight pusher for the Warren/Sevigny sights.

graffex
02-24-07, 18:42
Could anyone be so kind as to post a how-to for installing sights on a Glock :) I'm wanting to get Warrens for my new G17 and wondering if installing them is something I can takle myself.

SuicideHz
02-24-07, 18:57
The Warren rears have pretty damn sharp edges so think about that if you will be carrying. A friend of mine, DamnYank on these boards will be looking to sell his plain rear, tritium front set because they dig into his side.

Robb Jensen
02-24-07, 21:13
Could anyone be so kind as to post a how-to for installing sights on a Glock :) I'm wanting to get Warrens for my new G17 and wondering if installing them is something I can takle myself.

A sight tool should really be used.

If you don't find someone to install them locally you can send your slide and sights to me and I'll install them free as long as you pay return shipping.

graffex
02-27-07, 13:59
How do you line the sights up at night with nightsights only being on the front? Sounds like that would be difficult to shoot accurately.

SuicideHz
02-27-07, 22:12
When do you ever line up sights at night when you can't see anything anyway?

The white dot/tritium front is nice for picking out the front QUICKLY and easily. I look at it this way- in my home, at night, if I can barely see what's causing me to pick up my pistol, I'll light it up with the X200A.

Any other time there should be enough light to use the sights. Tritium sights aren't meant to be used in total darkness anyway- just in low light conditions.

graffex
02-27-07, 22:24
When do you ever line up sights at night when you can't see anything anyway?

The white dot/tritium front is nice for picking out the front QUICKLY and easily. I look at it this way- in my home, at night, if I can barely see what's causing me to pick up my pistol, I'll light it up with the X200A.

Any other time there should be enough light to use the sights. Tritium sights aren't meant to be used in total darkness anyway- just in low light conditions.

That makes sense. Thanks.

SuicideHz
02-28-07, 17:49
I had a hard time trying to word that correctly. I'm glad you understood.

Basically the single tritium front is for low light and just to NOT have 3-dot sights.

Any time it's pretty dark I'll hopefully have a light. If it's really dark, maybe I can just hide! :D

ISHOT
03-04-07, 10:40
The Warren rears have pretty damn sharp edges so think about that if you will be carrying. A friend of mine, DamnYank on these boards will be looking to sell his plain rear, tritium front set because they dig into his side.

Suicide, which rear does your friend have? I'm going to venture and say that he has the Sevigny competition and if he does, that rear is not meant for carry. Dave Sevigny wanted the rear side as crisp as possible and they are meant for competition. None of Warren's rear incl the Sevigny Carry (a beveled edge version of the competition) has sharp edges EXCEPT for the top of each sight that meets the notch. That needs to be crisp.

Any Qs let me know 'cos I have solds tons of these.

GotM4, MM, I am picking up the M&P ones tomorrow and will have them out to you. FYI, Scott called me yesterday to let me know that all M&P sights that we just received has been spoken for. Yet another wait.

SuicideHz
03-04-07, 11:46
I and my friend have the ones on the middle and left that GotM4 posted at the top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/f2f66790.jpg

I tried to contact you a few times before I bought them because you are an industry partner here but never heard back from anyone at your company. I ended up buying them from a real tool over at Custom Glock Racing. I didn't have any problems with him per se but my friend did. The steel guide rod he bought didn't fit and then the d-bag acted like there was nothing he could do about it. I told him my sights were shooting way high with my G32 and he insisted all front sights were the same height and that there were no different versions. He didn't understand what I was saying and had other similar complaints. I finally got him to contact Warren Tactical and they told him they had just discovered the sights work best on 9mms and were working on other front sights... Go figure...

But anyway, the entire perimeter of my rear sight is pretty sharp. DamnYank already spoke with a guy at Yost (the nice guy who is a member here) and ordered a custom set of sights for his G19.

Robb Jensen
03-04-07, 12:56
GotM4, MM, I am picking up the M&P ones tomorrow and will have them out to you. FYI, Scott called me yesterday to let me know that all M&P sights that we just received has been spoken for. Yet another wait.

Sweet!

John k
03-27-07, 08:02
I have been using Warren Tactical Sights for some time now.I've installed them on an Xd .45acp Compact which I carry daily while working in an undercover capacity.I've also installed them on a Sig 226 Elite and a prototype that Scott made me for a 1911.All three setups have a plain black rear and tritium front configuration.They are an outstanding sight.I spend alot of time at the range for my profession and also competatively.I've tried Heine,Dawson,Bomar,Meprolite,and Novak sights.All are good quality sights but IMHO Warrens are better.The sight picture that Warrens offer is exactly what a sight picture should be.When drawing your handgun and indexing it on a target the rear sight ,for lack of a better term disappears,and draws your attention to the front sight.However even though the rear sight "disappears" if you were to stop and check for proper sight alignment you'd find that it was there.The reason for that is due to the research that Scott Warren has put into the sight design.Everyone who has shot my handguns with the Warrens have all commented on how quickly they present a sight picture and how efficient the design is.

Loner
03-27-07, 10:49
who has these with the tritium front in stock for the M&P9?

graffex
03-27-07, 15:04
Who makes fiber-optic front sighst durable enough for a work/shtf pistol?

Loner
04-03-07, 07:11
Can you use a glock sight tool to install a warren rear on a M&P pistol?

Robb Jensen
04-03-07, 07:14
Can you use a glock sight tool to install a warren rear on a M&P pistol?

I use the MGW Glock sight tool (backwards) on M&P slides, but you have to remove the end plate and striker assy from the M&P slide. to get the sight tool onto the slide.

UPSguy
04-03-07, 14:02
Who makes fiber-optic front sighst durable enough for a work/shtf pistol?
according to a conversation I had with HiViz, their overmolded FO front sight is. Said if I ever broke one they would replace it free but they didn't think it would break.