PDA

View Full Version : New keylock on GLOCK

blake6551
01-27-07, 11:36
Just went to pickup a G26 and saw the new ones are coming with an internal key lock in the grip. Anybody heard about this? The store said all the new ones were coming this way. Only had two of the original style left. :confused:

55Kingpin
01-27-07, 12:01
Sounds like bullshit to me.

As as I know, it has been an OPTION on Glock pistols for over a year now. I've bought a few NIB Glocks recently without the lock.....

9DivDoc
01-27-07, 12:36
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock 'Excerpted' From Wikipedia

In 2003, Glock announced the Internal Locking System (ILS). The ILS is a manually activated lock that is located in the back of the pistol's grip. It is cylindrical in design and, according to Glock, each key is unique. Group key hierarchic solutions are available for law enforcement agencies. When activated, the lock causes a tab to protrude from the rear of the grip. This is done to give both a visual and tactile indication as to whether the lock is engaged or not. When activated, the ILS renders the Glock unfireable as well as making it impossible to disassemble. When disengaged, the ILS adds no further safety mechanisms to the Glock pistol.

The ILS is available as an option on all Glock pistols except for the G36, but not all ILS-equipped Glock pistols are carried by distributors nor imported with the option. The most commonly available Glock pistols with the ILS are the G17, G19, G22, G23, G26, and the G27.

MaceWindu
01-27-07, 13:15
They can keep that damn ILS...All (6) of my Glocks will never have that in it...

Mace

David Thomas
01-27-07, 18:17
Just went to pickup a G26 and saw the new ones are coming with an internal key lock in the grip. Anybody heard about this? The store said all the new ones were coming this way. Only had two of the original style left. :confused:

Go to a different gun store next time.

SuicideHz
01-27-07, 18:27
That info is a good reason to never go into that gunstore again.

Nathan_Bell
01-27-07, 18:44
Probably a gunstore owner who listens to their attorneys on all things. :mad: and thinks that if he does not have the nannied guns he will be sued.

blake6551
01-27-07, 21:52
Agreed. They can have the lock, I ain't gettin one! :D

Thanks all

John Fettes
01-29-07, 14:00
I need to check the battery in my BS metter when I go in some gun shops. Is some others, I can get a strong reading even with a weak battery! Sounds like the shop mentioned in the first post is the latter.

John

xm15
02-04-07, 22:06
whats the big deal?
My USP has this(I never use it) it is useless to me though.