PDA

View Full Version : signature lines

rob_s
07-24-09, 08:09
Can we get some kind of limits on these things, or does anyone know if there's a way to turn them off? Some people's siglines have gotten well past ridiculous.

Littlelebowski
07-24-09, 08:15
User CP, Edit Options (on the left midway down), Thread Display Options.

I agree. I don't care what schools you've been to nor what quote you find inspiring and the sig pics are a waste of bandwidth.

Paulinski
07-24-09, 08:30
I don't even have one.

Outlander Systems
07-24-09, 09:08
TheLandlord = Guilty as sin.

Signature pic removed, apologies bestowed. Sorry, bros.

rob_s
07-24-09, 09:19
Hey, as long as there's a way for me to turn them off, I'm happy!

Outlander Systems
07-24-09, 09:23
I had reservations about putting in my photochoppery sigpic to begin with, but LL's right. It's a bandwidth buster. My connection's slow enough as it is.

"Comcast High-Speed™ Internet" my ass.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-24-09, 12:50
User CP, Edit Options (on the left midway down), Thread Display Options.

I agree. I don't care what schools you've been to nor what quote you find inspiring and the sig pics are a waste of bandwidth.

I concur.

pacifico
07-24-09, 15:50
I'm fairly libertarian when it comes to sig lines, but I agree that some sort of limit could be imposed without significantly impacting anyone's forum experience. Maybe consider adding a "keep it to a minimum" clause in the "so you want to join m4c?" post.

Zhurdan
07-24-09, 15:58
I concur.

So you add another quote from this thread to your sig line.

That was either the goofiest thing I've ever seen, or comedy gold!

Mr.Goodtimes
07-24-09, 17:05
i got rid of my sig line on all the forums i frequent. i get sick of reading other people lame quotes, sig lines just seem sorta... lame.

11Bravo
07-24-09, 18:48
On one forum I used to frequent, the mods had the option of having a person's sig show up only in their first post in any given thread.
Seemed like a good middle of the road to me.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-24-09, 19:32
So you add another quote from this thread to your sig line.

That was either the goofiest thing I've ever seen, or comedy gold!

Both?

I've been told I have shit for brains and that I have a fertile mind, I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion.

RyanB
07-24-09, 22:24
At least theres no yellow print in my post:p

Zhurdan
07-25-09, 03:35
Both?

I've been told I have shit for brains and that I have a fertile mind, I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion.

Shit for brains? Well, I've been told that too many times to count. I'm not bashing you, I just thought that it was pretty damn ironic.

Fertile minds only grow the seeds sown in them. I'd bet that you're on the right side of the fence. I was just getting at the point that it's funny to talk about profuse signatures whilst quoting the same. Call it a nervous tick.

Shoot safe.

Zhur

recon by fire
07-26-09, 04:41
Personally, I like knowing whether someone has real credibility, and that he's not just beating his chest.

Yeah, but real credibility is not usually what some guy on the internet has written in his sigline. An internet commando could write what ever he wants in there. Also for example an old timer that has worked on guns all his life but has never taken an armorer course or a 5 day carbine course, to me anyways could be a much better source of info than some kid that has taken a few classes.

recon by fire
07-26-09, 09:58
Delete.