PDA

View Full Version : China funds road work in Northern Minnesota

panzerr
07-24-09, 16:33
I thought you guys might like this one.

http://sixty-six.org/x_drive/china_recovery_sign_small.jpg

ARBLDR
07-24-09, 19:14
I am from GR in northern MN were is this road work taking place? I no longer live in the state but spent most of childhood in MN.

panzerr
07-24-09, 19:32
Bemidji

aka dirt town

GR being close by I'm sure you've been here

The sign read 'Project funding by American Recovery and Reinvestment Act' before I photoshopped it.

Mac5.56
07-24-09, 19:53
I knew you photoshoped that!!!

panzerr
07-24-09, 19:58
I knew you photoshoped that!!!

Yeah, lol

one of my buddies who is very upset with the way the country is going didn't think anything of it until I told him it was photoshopped

Mr.Goodtimes
07-24-09, 20:20
Yeah, lol

one of my buddies who is very upset with the way the country is going didn't think anything of it until I told him it was photoshopped

looked like a legit sign to me. Seeing as how the economy is going I was actually thinking that was real lol

czydj
07-24-09, 20:59
looked like a legit sign to me. Seeing as how the economy is going I was actually thinking that was real lol

It is real. Who do you think we are borrowing the money from?

Mjolnir
07-24-09, 23:57
I thought you guys might like this one.

http://sixty-six.org/x_drive/china_recovery_sign_small.jpg

Pretty woman in the photo. :thumbsup"

Mac5.56
07-25-09, 11:56
It is real. Who do you think we are borrowing the money from?

Yea, just because it's altered doesn't mean it's not "real". Would a painting about a China owning our debt be "fake"? It's altered...;)

One thing that is interesting about this photo is that road signs just like this can be seen all over Africa, the Middle East, and Asia where China literally is giving money directly to projects like this. The signs literally do say the something akin to "Funded By: China"

For me that's why I thought it was so funny. Because it is almost logical at this point that a sign like this would pop up in a rural area of the U.S.

Mjolnir
07-26-09, 03:41
Yea, just because it's altered doesn't mean it's not "real". Would a painting about a China owning our debt be "fake"? It's altered...;)

One thing that is interesting about this photo is that road signs just like this can be seen all over Africa, the Middle East, and Asia where China literally is giving money directly to projects like this. The signs literally do say the something akin to "Funded By: China"

For me that's why I thought it was so funny. Because it is almost logical at this point that a sign like this would pop up in a rural area of the U.S.

U are very much correct; I just didn't want to go there.