PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol Agent murdered

mechelaar
07-24-09, 16:54
http://www.10news.com/news/20162661/detail.html

NEAR CAMPO, Calif. -- An investigation was under way Friday morning into the fatal shooting of a U.S. Border Patrol agent in Campo, near the Mexican border.

The shooting was reported about 9:15 p.m. Thursday on Shockey Truck Trail southeast of the San Diego Sheriff Department's Campo substation, according to the Sheriff's Department.

A group of border patrol agents came across a group of men near the north end of the border fence, Border Patrol Public Information Officer Daryl Reed said.

As the agents approached, the group of men split up and started running, Reed said.

The agents followed and began a chase. One agent was separated from the group and gunshots were heard, Reed said.

Four engines, paramedics, and a medical helicopter were dispatched to the area, but the agent, who was found with a gunshot wound to the head, was declared dead at the scene, Cal Fire Battalion Chief Nick Schuler said.

The county medical examiner arrived on scene at 3:30 a.m. to retrieve the body of the slain agent, 10News photojournalist Rett Lawrence reported.

FBI Special Agent Darrell Foxworth said his agency is investigating the incident, along with the Sheriff's Department, the Border Patrol and the U.S. Attorney's Office.

The name of the agent was withheld pending family notification.

No information on the shooter was immediately released.

RIP, Brother. :(

Mark71
07-24-09, 17:11
RIP :(. I really hope they get the scumbag shooter.

Mjolnir
07-25-09, 11:38
I place the blame squarely on the last few administrations who have been ignoring our Southern Border issues. This is a travesty. :mad:

diving dave
07-25-09, 12:48
One of the suspects was just picked up in our local hospital, about 3 mi. from where I work. The fact that our borders are still so wide open after 9/11 is a national disgrace.

LegalAlien
07-25-09, 13:26
One of the suspects was just picked up in our local hospital, about 3 mi. from where I work. The fact that our borders are still so wide open after 9/11 is a national disgrace.

And now he will more than likely get free medical treatment in the hospital, then be deported and within a week start the cycle all over again.:mad:

SeriousStudent
07-25-09, 13:47
Prayers sent for the fallen Agent. :(

CALSHOOTER
07-25-09, 20:45
These guys do a job with there hands in political cuffs,how they go on is beyond me. RIP agent:(

DARK-KNIGHT
07-25-09, 20:48
RIP Brother and God Speed!

Dunderway
07-25-09, 21:00
And now he will more than likely get free medical treatment in the hospital, then be deported and within a week start the cycle all over again.:mad:

Did it state anywhere that he was an illegal? I would just think that a Mexican citizen would have crossed back over the border, instead of advancing into a country where they could be wanted for murdering a federal officer.

scottryan
07-25-09, 22:28
Unorganized militia on the border.

Iraqgunz
07-26-09, 01:37
Looks like there may be a break. If these are legit suspects hopefully they are taken to a remote location and waterboarded.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=6932613&rss=rss-kabc-snippet-6933127

LegalAlien
07-26-09, 09:44
Did it state anywhere that he was an illegal? I would just think that a Mexican citizen would have crossed back over the border, instead of advancing into a country where they could be wanted for murdering a federal officer.

I just assumed the suspect was one of the illegals the border agents were chasing. I might be wrong, I might be right. Time will tell.

Palmguy
07-26-09, 10:01

Shoot, if he didn't know the BP officer was dead he might have assumed that he'd get immunity and the BP officer would be thrown in federal prison...

Bat Guano
07-26-09, 12:02
Really odd that the "stimulus" and healthcare reform just can't wait, but securing the border never seems to happen.

Republicans love cheap labor and Democrats want to help all the downtrodden so they can construct another knee-jerk voting bloc.

When I went to work for INS in 1972 a wise old dinosaur told me, "It ain't for real, son."
Was he ever right.

I suppose Napolitano will go to the funeral, shed a tear, and hug the widow.

SICKENING.

Dunderway
07-26-09, 13:25
I just assumed the suspect was one of the illegals the border agents were chasing. I might be wrong, I might be right. Time will tell.

I didn't mean any criticiscm by my remark. They just haven't released much info on this, and it sounded like there may have been more involved than just an illegal border crossing.

Iraqgunz
07-26-09, 15:09
I read on another site that I frequent that there has been intel indicating that the ambush was planned with the intent of killing a Border Patrol Agent.

I didn't mean any criticiscm by my remark. They just haven't released much info on this, and it sounded like there may have been more involved than just an illegal border crossing.

kmrtnsn
07-26-09, 15:16
"I read on another site that I frequent that there has been intel indicating that the ambush was planned with the intent of killing a Border Patrol Agent."

Pure speculation, and highly unlikely. It would be bad for business and alien smugglers and dope smugglers on the line know that; heat and undue attention are things they like to avoid. I would speculate that the persons apprehended in Mexico were "given up" to reduce attention on smuggling routes and organizations operating there.

So far there have been 5 arrests in Mexico and at least three in the U.S. related to this event. So far it appears that Agent Rosas' firearm has been recovered in Mexico and his cell phone in San Jose, CA after it had been used to make a call at O'Connor Hospital. No word on whether or not his radio has been recovered.

R.I.P. brother in green.

Dave Berryhill
07-26-09, 15:19
Looks like there may be a break. If these are legit suspects hopefully they are taken to a remote location and waterboarded.

Water is too valuable, especially here in Texas. I think"dirtboarding" may be a better technique. It solves the problem of what to do with the suspect when you are done with the interrogation.

Iraqgunz
07-26-09, 16:09
Everyone has opinions. Based upon who they work with and for I am inclined to believe that it is possible.

"I read on another site that I frequent that there has been intel indicating that the ambush was planned with the intent of killing a Border Patrol Agent."

Pure speculation, and highly unlikely. It would be bad for business and alien smugglers and dope smugglers on the line know that; heat and undue attention are things they like to avoid. I would speculate that the persons apprehended in Mexico were "given up" to reduce attention on smuggling routes and organizations operating there.

So far there have been 5 arrests in Mexico and at least three in the U.S. related to this event. So far it appears that Agent Rosas' firearm has been recovered in Mexico and his cell phone in San Jose, CA after it had been used to make a call at O'Connor Hospital. No word on whether or not his radio has been recovered.

R.I.P. brother in green.