PDA

View Full Version : New TangoDown Mag Experience?

Ulysses74
07-27-09, 21:54
I just picked up a couple of TangoDown ARC-L mags. They seem to be very well made with a unique follower and a pretty stiff spring. I have been using PMAGs or G.I. and just wondered if anyone has much experience using this type? I haven't shot them yet.

ST911
07-27-09, 23:31
I have a couple dozen that are being used and abused. So far, so good. I've had some quirks with some mag pouches due to the joint between the upper and lower halves, but there are work-arounds.

YVK
07-28-09, 22:57
Don't have as many as Skintop, just four. Have taken them to two classes so far and have not had any problems.

5pins
07-28-09, 23:47
I only have one, but at twice the price of the Pmag I cant think of a reason to buy more.

YVK
07-29-09, 11:16
BCM lists PMAGs at 14+ bucks (in stock, btw) and ARCs at 17+ (out of stock).
So far all of my ARCs drop free from each and every lower I have, while most of my PMAGs, even newer ones, required dremel work. I continue to like, use and abuse PMAGs, but I think ARC is a really strong contender, especially if price difference is not excessive.

5pins
07-29-09, 12:44
Wow the price sure did drop. Last time I checked they were going for $24 to $26.

Ulysses74
08-02-09, 13:01
Thanks to all for the replies. I tried them out yesterday and they worked just fine. They do drop free really good, especially from my Redi-Mod. Still like my PMAGS though!