PDA

View Full Version : Future Weapons

Voodoochild
01-28-07, 17:27
On Discovery right now new 50 Cal semi auto from AI. As well as other cool shit.

Dave L.
01-28-07, 17:47
Yup, that's a rerun...but that 50 is badass. A new one is on Monday night I think, and I believe it will have new SMG's.

Voodoochild
01-28-07, 17:52
Yup that 50 is pretty cool. It is AI first attempt at the Semi Auto market.

Dave L.
01-28-07, 18:31
I am not familiar with that company, but they stated titanium was in many parts of the weapon to reduce weight. What did they say 25lbs. ?

Nathan_Bell
01-28-07, 18:50
I am not familiar with that company, but they stated titanium was in many parts of the weapon to reduce weight. What did they say 25lbs. ?

Accuracy International makes one of THE premier sniper rigs in the world. Top notch stuff top notch$.

Sam
01-28-07, 19:30
Yeah, but did anybody else notice the scope they used?

Schmidt & Bender !!

kbi
01-28-07, 20:42
Sam but did you notice the way the scope mount/cover moved during the recoil?

I swear it bended when they did the slo-mo replay. AI's are fargin nice I just wished I held onto mine:(

I think mondays episode has something about the HK MP7 .

baffle Stack
01-28-07, 21:48
The show’s ok I guess. One minute they’re showing a lightning suitcase and the next something that is actually useful form AI. I watch it equipped with the same BS meter I use for surfing weapons forums. i.e.; Set it on high and try not to be too impressed. But Its hard to not take notice of an AI weapon :D

jerkeejoe
01-29-07, 00:53
It was a Schmidt and Bender with the AI logo on it. That rig as tested was probably in the $8,000 range. Maybe more. Very nice piece of equipment!

Robb Jensen
01-29-07, 07:41
Sam but did you notice the way the scope mount/cover moved during the recoil?

It did some serious flexing. I couldn't figure out if the scope mount moves rearward during recoil or not. But the scope did flex and bounce around a lot. That semi looked as if it recoils softer than the bolt gun as well.

S&Bs are truly great scopes but I wonder how long it would last like that. I just goes to show you that a hell of a lot goes on during firing of a rifle.

John_Wayne777
01-29-07, 08:07
Yup, that's a rerun...but that 50 is badass. A new one is on Monday night I think, and I believe it will have new SMG's.

New SMGs???

Perchance do you mean something like the MP7?

kbi
01-29-07, 09:27
Posted by gotm4:It did some serious flexing. I couldn't figure out if the scope mount moves rearward during recoil or not. But the scope did flex and bounce around a lot. That semi looked as if it recoils softer than the bolt gun as well.

From what I saw the recoil looked softer then a AW bolt 50. Id like to see one though shot beside a M82A1 for comparison.

The AW is probably over $12.5K :(