PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime For Bonzo

Safetyhit
07-28-09, 20:56
I was inspired to look this up by a clip on O'Reilly tonight. An old Reagan film. Thought my son would like it, but I think I did just as much.

I miss the days gone by, and I wasn't even there then.

Just for a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwIOEN6XamA

LOKNLOD
07-28-09, 21:49
That's a classic... I miss the good old days too man and I'm not even old enough to remember Ronny as president let alone as an actor. Thankfully old movies were a family tradition at my house growing up.

Safetyhit
07-28-09, 22:12
That's a classic... I miss the good old days too man and I'm not even old enough to remember Ronny as president let alone as an actor. Thankfully old movies were a family tradition at my house growing up.

As a 40 year old, I do remember him as President, but not as an actor. I remember well getting off the bus in 6th grade and hearing that he had been shot.

After reading your reply, I recall the much of the same. Relatives watching westerns and comedies from a rapidly passing era. Great memories from a magical time.

Then for some reason I thought of the baby girl in the back seat of the car with the blasting, profanity laced rap with who's driver I had a bad physical confrontation with recently. Some may remember the discussion here. I think about what chance she has, and others like her.

To be raised on that garbage as well as MTV is nothing short of spiritual poison. She is as innocent as they come, yet likely already doomed. And nobody will lift a finger to help her, all in the name of freedom of expression.

Maybe we deserve the big stick getting shoved up our asses.

Oh well, back to the short clip...