PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody here trid a LAR-8 yet??

zspeed130
07-29-09, 07:04
I have about 400rds on mine and have a marine buddy who has 1K+ on his. A few malfunctions, probably mag related.His even took a KABOOM case head separation and was back in business after he took it apart and inspected it (he did send it back to RRA at their request to be examined). Accuracy is excellent for the price. We both run a DD free float rail and ACOG TA31. This allows for hits out to 600 meters on 12x12 steel with decent milsurp ammo ( I have only gone to 300 with mine, more to come). You just have to fudge the holds a bit.

I know RRA is not a top tier manufacturer but so far this thing is as reliable and accurate as any AR10 I have ever heard about. Could RRA have bridged the gap between accuracy and reliablity in the AR10 platform?

The ergos are much better than a FAL or M14 ( I have owned both). and the optics mounting is of course much easier.

Any thoughts? I am still nervous not having any spare parts but this seems to be the closest thing to a go to .308 platform out there.

Z

No Bananas
01-30-10, 09:33
Bump Bump Bump