PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dog Lovers - BOHICA

Business_Casual
07-29-09, 15:30
"Head’s up: there is a rumor circulating in the House of Representatives that enough Blue Dogs have caved on health care for Nancy Pelosi to get the bill to the floor this week. The memo to Republicans assuring them there’d be no vote could have been a ruse to turn down constituent heat enough.

Democrats are growing fearful that August recess will turn the Blue Dogs cold and want something out by Friday." - from The Corner, National Review Online

I've said it before, if you voted for them, the Blue Dogs are going to sell you out.

M_P

dbrowne1
07-29-09, 15:36
Hopefully they will be unemployed after 2010 if they to cave.

Sam
07-29-09, 15:44
John McCain last night on Fox said that the Blue Dogs are loud on their barks but have no bites.
Just read on Fox that the blue dogs have agreed to a deal.

Fire them all in 2010.

Zhurdan
07-29-09, 15:52
Anyone wanna take a $10 bet that 90% of them will get re-elected?(rhetorical)

Problem is, people in general do not educate themselves on who's running, who ran last time, how they did, or what they stand for. They just punch the lever on the name they recognize and then go out and complain that they have no voice.

Hopefully people will start getting a clue and actually seek out some info on their representatives this next go-round.

PRGGodfather
07-29-09, 16:02
Deleted

PRGGodfather
07-29-09, 16:03
... people do ducate themselves on who's running, who ran last time, how they did, or what they stand for. They just punch the lever on the name they recognize and then go out and complain that they have no voice.

Hopefully people will start getting a clue and actually seek out some info on their representatives this next go-round.

Sitting politicians COUNT on this dynamic. It seems to work.

We, as the electorate, deserve what we get.

buzz_knox
07-29-09, 16:13
The blue dogs have taken their stand and have gotten their press. They will now heel the call of their master.

These people will sell us out the moment it becomes expedient. In fact, they just did.

dbrowne1
07-29-09, 16:16
Anyone wanna take a $10 bet that 90% of them will get re-elected?(rhetorical)

Problem is, people in general do not educate themselves on who's running, who ran last time, how they did, or what they stand for. They just punch the lever on the name they recognize and then go out and complain that they have no voice.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Most people just watch the TV news or read the newspaper and hear the "tough talk" or think they're being well represented because their "Blue Dog" rep held things up to ask some questions or change some things.

Most of those people never bother to actually see how their rep voted, and what the final bill looked like. That's all that matters in the end. Like most situations in life, I don't care what you say. All I care about is what you actually do.

Jim D
07-29-09, 16:32
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/29/blue-dog-democrats-announce-deal-health-care-reform/

SkiDevil
07-30-09, 02:24
Most of those people never bother to actually see how their rep voted . . .

Most people don't even know who their Representative in the H.R. is or the names of the (2) U.S. Senators of their respective State are as well.

Could that possibly be part of the problem?:confused:

SkiDevil

chadbag
07-30-09, 02:28
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/29/blue-dog-democrats-announce-deal-health-care-reform/

"Ross said the deal includes an assurance that House leaders won't bring the package to the floor until September, even if the bill passes out of committee this week. "

The deal seems to include this not going to a general vote until after August. Let's see what happens.

Disclaimer: I did not vote for a Blue Dog and am not a Blue Dog lover

R/Tdrvr
07-30-09, 07:42
Guess the blue dogs got neutered by Pelosi.

MAUSER202
07-30-09, 07:54
WTF! This country needs some polititions that are not political, that dont follow party lines and have the common sense and balls to do what is right. I am really getting sick of barry, pelosi and all of the other out of touch a holes.

The_War_Wagon
07-30-09, 07:56
I plan on pissing all over Obama's Cheerios, by dying someday ANYWAYS. That'll show him! :p