PDA

View Full Version : Gun store in south Indiana

dmanflynn
07-29-09, 17:17
Does anybody out there that lives in or near southern Indiana know a good gunshop? I just moved here and every one I've called for the most part is outrageous on their transfer fees or dont transfer at all:mad: Only 2 that ive found so far transfer and they are in evansville but im not paying $40 to transfer my lower. Ill go back to KY for a weekend to visit and pick it up down there for FREE. Any info would be much appreciated. PS I googled it up for quite a while now.

Spooky130
07-29-09, 18:03
Does anybody out there that lives in or near southern Indiana know a good gunshop? I just moved here and every one I've called for the most part is outrageous on their transfer fees or dont transfer at all:mad: Only 2 that ive found so far transfer and they are in evansville but im not paying $40 to transfer my lower. Ill go back to KY for a weekend to visit and pick it up down there for FREE. Any info would be much appreciated. PS I googled it up for quite a while now.

I've used the FFL search function on Gunbroker and that has found a couple good dealers for me before - it is worth a try...

Spooky

Buckaroo
07-29-09, 19:02
You can find a list of Indiana shops here:
http://ingunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/3900-list_of_indiana_gun_shops.html

Buckaroo

dmanflynn
07-30-09, 12:25
Ahhh, thanks anyway guys. Like I said, the ones ive called said no transfers so ill just take a little trip to KY and get it done there.

HD1911
07-30-09, 23:21
Whittaker's seems to be the best place by a long shot. Yes, it's about 20-25 minutes southeast of Henderson, KY...but far worth the drive. Strictly Shooting is ok as a backup and is located in Evansville. There is a guy I work with that has an FFL. I will talk to him and see if he will hook you up, including anyone else off this forum that needs an FFL transfer favor (living in the local tri-state area).

Hope that helps.

bkb0000
07-31-09, 00:45
call a place in kentucky and see if they will/can transfer to you, if you lve in indiana. i dont know if it's federal or state, but i cannot purchase guns from FFLs in WA, as an OR resident.

dmanflynn
07-31-09, 11:00
Whittaker's seems to be the best place by a long shot. Yes, it's about 20-25 minutes southeast of Henderson, KY...but far worth the drive. Strictly Shooting is ok as a backup and is located in Evansville. There is a guy I work with that has an FFL. I will talk to him and see if he will hook you up, including anyone else off this forum that needs an FFL transfer favor (living in the local tri-state area).

Hope that helps.

Thanks man I appreciate it. And BTW "bkb0000" Im technically not old enough to own an AR anyway:p, but my father/mother dont mind signing for it. (He lives in KY and she lives in IN) Dont get me wrong, its not like I drive around with em in my trunck or anything but I do have an extensive collection:D Hopefully in another 5 years It wont be illegal to transfer an "assault rifle" into ones name...... Gosh that would suck man, most of my guns would have to stay in my parents name:p

kwelz
07-31-09, 13:02
Kieslers In Jeffersonville is good. I used to work there in Wholesale and am thinking about going back to work the floor. Good people overall, I am friends with most of them and have purchased 95% of the guns I have owned there over the past 13 years.