PDA

View Full Version : POF carbines

TUNNEL RAT 33
01-29-07, 14:47
Hi guys , i'm new to the site and i currently have a bushmaster m4. i'm interested in the POF gas piston design . can anyone give me info , and pics of them and if anyone knows the similarities to the HK416. thanks !!

FJB
01-30-07, 00:37
No disrepect, but as a matter of fact this topic has been discussed. Recommend you try the search feature as it may save you some time and a lot of retyping by everyone.

Bottomline is that I have used them alot and they have worked very well. Not a fan of the Predator rail, but POF will build one for you using a standard size Daniel Defense or Troy rail.

S/F

Dave L.
01-30-07, 02:05
Good luck finding one- I hear they(even just the uppers) are on back-back-order.
Honestly I would hold out another year, as more companies dabble in the gas piston systems, the technology will become cheaper(or at lest lighter and smaller). At $1,100+ for just the POF upper you can build a full AR.

But if you can afford one, a POF is badass.

S/F

Dave L.
01-30-07, 02:05
Hi guys , i'm new to the site and i currently have a bushmaster m4. i'm interested in the POF gas piston design . can anyone give me info , and pics of them and if anyone knows the similarities to the HK416. thanks !!

P.S. Welcome to the Site!

TUNNEL RAT 33
01-30-07, 10:27
yeah i did a search after i posted the question and found a lot of good info on both . didnt know they were on backorder though . i will probably wait a while , am hoping for a HK416 . even though right know its a total long shot . it will be interesting to see who comes out with there versions though .

VA_Dinger
02-01-07, 08:48
I would contact Dport.

He owns a POF carbine and shoots it very well. I know his worked like a champ when we shot a class together last spring.

SinnFéinM1911
02-01-07, 08:54
I think to Current Piston plaforms on he Market, POF is doing a outstanding job. I have followed them form the early days and they have come a long way !!

Brett

Dport
02-01-07, 09:31
I own one and have ordered another. I don't know how much more I can say.

Now if I just had a place to shoot it.

Dinger, I think LAV was surprised by how well it did perform. The only bobble came from putting together the lower myself.

VA_Dinger
02-01-07, 10:07
I own one and have ordered another. I don't know how much more I can say.

Now if I just had a place to shoot it.

Dinger, I think LAV was surprised by how well it did perform. The only bobble came from putting together the lower myself.

No question about it, your POF upper runs like a Swiss watch. That was obvious to everybody in the class and we were watching. :p

- You just suck assembling lowers my friend. :D

Don't lose any sleep over it though, so do I.

TUNNEL RAT 33
02-01-07, 10:30
thanks for all the info and replies ! does anyone have any pics of them ? my bushmaster is tricked out with green laser, surefire light , acog , kac ras ,etc . i am interested what rail system you guys got on them and how you guys are accssesorizing them . i did a search but cant find any real good pics of the pof . thanks again

Dport
02-01-07, 10:38
- You just suck assembling lowers my friend. :D

No question about it.

Dport
02-01-07, 10:41
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/benellim4/P1010017.jpg

VA_Dinger
02-01-07, 10:44
thanks for all the info and replies ! does anyone have any pics of them ? my bushmaster is tricked out with green laser, surefire light , acog , kac ras ,etc . i am interested what rail system you guys got on them and how you guys are accssesorizing them . i did a search but cant find any real good pics of the pof . thanks again

POF has allot of photos in their manufacturers forum:
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45

VA_Dinger
02-01-07, 10:53
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/benellim4/P1010017.jpg

Wow, that looks great.

I see your POF is still evolving. I notice a new Aimpoint, sights, hand guards, and light.

Dport
02-01-07, 11:00
Wow, that looks great.

I see your POF is still evolving. I notice a new Aimpoint, sights, hand guards, and light.
The light was there as were the handguards. The Aimpoint and the sights are new. So is the buttstock. I dumped the SOPMOD, since I can't seem to shoulder it correctly. And I got rid of the MIAD grip and went with an A1 style.

Oh and now it has a lefty safety. :D

VA_Dinger
02-01-07, 11:06
The light was there as were the handguards. The Aimpoint and the sights are new. So is the buttstock. I dumped the SOPMOD, since I can't seem to shoulder it correctly. And I got rid of the MIAD grip and went with an A1 style.

Oh and now it has a lefty safety. :D

10-4, it looks great.

Very practical and well thought out.

Dport
02-01-07, 11:08
The next one will have the same set up for the most part. The light will be a G3 and that will be about the only difference, other than the barrel length and furniture color.

MASP7
02-01-07, 17:53
POF 415 upper, with modified Vltor CASV-EL rail system-

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/album//00000356/POF_Vltor3.jpg

(I don't care for the Mangonel sights, but it's not my upper)