PDA

View Full Version : Simonich G10 Grips

Recon 2128
01-29-07, 16:53
Does anyone know where to get a set of Simonich G10 grips for a 1911 in coyote brown for a decent price? Or something similar?? Looking at spending less than $50.

Thank you

SuicideHz
01-29-07, 18:12
Have you tried Midway? They sell John VZ's grips for about $50 when his retail is $60+ on them.

Retail on gunners are $64 shipped from Simonich themselves.

I know you want Coyote, but have you seen their green/black yet?

Aardvark
01-29-07, 18:45
Have you tried ERGO? I have one pair on my 1911 and a pair on my 92FS: love 'em. No slip, durable for my needs, nice colors, inexpensive.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4510&storeid=1&image=ergoxtr.gif&CFID=7704161&CFTOKEN=29342667

SuicideHz
01-29-07, 19:06
and I thought I was going way out into left field suggesting a different color...

:p

Recon 2128
01-29-07, 19:13
Thanks, I did look at the OD and Black I wouldn't mind the OD. I tried Kimber to see about the desert warrior grips but they don't sell them. Are the Ergo grips plastic or rubber?

SuicideHz
01-29-07, 19:53
Nylon based, rigid polymer.

I meant black AND green all in the same grip- like most layered G10.

http://cwhorley.zoto.com/img/640x480x1/09720549f34e2288e4eb859ff1ae1bb4-.jpg

Link to HUGE picture:
http://cwhorley.zoto.com/img/original/09720549f34e2288e4eb859ff1ae1bb4-.jpg

Take notice of how the differing depths of the dimples changes the patterns created in them. Very "pretty!"

ETA: I'd see if they didn't have a two-tone brown coming out soon and if they don't, I'd request it for sure!

militarymoron
01-30-07, 08:58
the kimber warrior grips are usually the first thing to get swapped out for a pair of gunners. i'm sure there are hundreds of warrior owners with kimber grips sitting in their spare parts box, who'd happily part with them for a reasonable price. they're not bad, just not as nice as the gunners.

davemcdonald
01-30-07, 09:42
It has been a while but I have seen Kimber Desert Warrior grips for sale at Cheaper than Dirt.

I shot a couple of 45's over the weekend. One had VZ grips, One had Gunners and one had ergo.

The VZs were easy to hold on to but the desert blonde grips changes colors quick when they come in contact with gun oil. With a little sweat and oil, the grips are no longer cool guy tan, they are an oily black/brown. This didn't effect the traction or friction of the grip just the looks.

The Ergo grips had the least amount of traction of the three grips. They are inexpensive but they look and feel inexpensive also.

The Gunners are my new favorite grips. They started out coyote brown and ended coyote brown. Very east to hold on to. You could coat the whole gun in 30w motor oil and you still wouldn't have a problem holding on to it. The grip is aggressive.

Vinh
01-30-07, 11:22
Dude, you can have my Desert Warrior grips if you want. IM me your address.

RHR
01-30-07, 11:41
They are $48.00 with the discount at Brownells. It looks like the CB are out of stock though.

Recon 2128
01-31-07, 08:17
IM sent Vinh, THANK YOU!!!!

Glockster35
01-31-07, 14:38
Can you get Gunner grips for under $50.00?

I bought both of mine directly from Christine Simmonich, shortly after her husbands death. I think she could probably use the money with no middle man.

Plus, having dealt with her husband for a few years, and talking with her on the phone, I couldn't resist!

Recon 2128
01-31-07, 17:26
I'm gonna wait til I see the the grips from Vinh, but do you have a contact number for her Glockster? BTW are you still in SF??

SuicideHz
01-31-07, 17:52
Can you get Gunner grips for under $50.00?

I bought both of mine directly from Christine Simmonich, shortly after her husbands death. I think she could probably use the money with no middle man.

Plus, having dealt with her husband for a few years, and talking with her on the phone, I couldn't resist!

Dude, what the **** is up with that suggestion? Her husband died so try and talk her down on the price of her grips?

I hope you were joking.

f.2
01-31-07, 20:30
I've got a pair of Simonich in coyote brown to sell. E-mail me.

Does anyone know where to get a set of Simonich G10 grips for a 1911 in coyote brown for a decent price? Or something similar?? Looking at spending less than $50.

Thank you

Robb Jensen
01-31-07, 20:32
Dude, what the **** is up with that suggestion? Her husband died so try and talk her down on the price of her grips?

I hope you were joking.

I think you were reading way too far into what he said. I think he meant or at least that's the way I read it. That he wanted to support her company.

SuicideHz
01-31-07, 20:36
If I read that wrong or too far into it, I sincerely do apologize.

Yeah, I think he's saying to go straight to the source and giving her the markup instead of someone else...

SuicideHz
01-31-07, 20:36
I am pretty sure I read that wrong...

Glockster35
01-31-07, 23:34
WOW

Man you read that totally wrong.

I accept that apologyanyway, although my feelings weren't hurt!

I had purchased several Simmonich knives before Robs untimely death. I also chatted with Rob on several message boards in the last few years before he passed, he was a great guy to deal with, and in my eyes, one of the finest knife makers in our time!

[URL="http://www.simonichknives.com/"] Simonich Knives website

Their phone number is located in the Contact Us area, not sure if it's something I should post!

Give Christine a call, and help her out, she has a daughter to support!