PDA

View Full Version : cargo pants

CDDM416
07-31-09, 08:56
just putting this out for you guys.

cabelas has cargo pants on sale($12.99), i ordered a pair just to check em out, after i got them, i went right back and got more, they are pretty nice, they have to be hemed but they do that for free.

ST911
07-31-09, 16:28
The Cabela's Trailhikers, and variations of them in the line, are fine for light duty casual wear. They are a great value in that role, and I wore them for quite awhile.

Material, stitching, sizing consistency, and the like vary widely. Single needle stitching at stress points produces fairly predictable failures. Check your garment when you buy it carefully. Cabelas customer service is excellent if you have a problem.

They are decidedly not an EOTAC or Woolrich, but they're fine if you keep their limitations in mind. Heck, even the 5.11 is a better pant. :p

Also of note: Lots of variation in the house-brand softlines at Cabelas. Some stuff is great, some is (charitably) mediocre.

Razorhunter
07-31-09, 16:50
If you want the BEST cargos on the market, look here. TAD Force 10's. There IS NONE BETTER. PERIOD.
Woolrich, 5.11, Blackhawk, etc, etc, etc, don't even come close. Not even in the same Universe as the TAD F10's.
Only caveat is you must catch them when your size and preferred type/material comes back into stock. They go fast, but they have been doing better lately, in the last year or so, as far as they amount they order, and the amount of stock kept on hand. These cargos WILL NOT DISAPPOINT, and you will NEVER go back to Woolrich/5.11/whatever the hell you wear now, again. Batteries not included!
Enjoy, gentlemen.

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/apparel%20main/tad_gear_force_10_cargo_utilities.htm

kmrtnsn
07-31-09, 19:34
Beyondtactical.com