PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV Shows of interest

M4Fundi
07-31-09, 16:54
I have read here and see that there are many interesting shows on tactical weapons, military etc. and I thought that we might list them here with the show name, channel and times so that we can subscribe to them. I have ComCast and can't seem to figure out how to find these shows. Thanks!

00leland00
07-31-09, 21:40
"Lock And Load with R. Lee Ermey" is on History Channel right now.

An Undocumented Worker
07-31-09, 21:54

Watching it right now, much better than future weapons with that wispering deuche nozzle they have for a host.

geminidglocker
07-31-09, 21:55
I'm watching it too. I've been waiting for it all week and it was worth it. I want me the MK-12 Feild Artillery peice, for deer hunting ofcourse.:DI'm liking it better than Mail Call, though that was good too. But really I don't care about C-rations, this show is nothing but things that go BANG!!

Cold Zero
07-31-09, 21:58
Military channel, starting 13 August.

Special ops Mission.

parishioner
07-31-09, 23:34
Watching it right now, much better than future weapons with that wispering douche nozzle they have for a host.

This is the second time I have seen him called a douche nozzle. Any reason for this? The douche nozzle part....

Ridge_Runner_5
07-31-09, 23:46
This is the second time I have seen him called a douche nozzle. Any reason for this? The douche nozzle part....

Power of an M-16. Accuracy of a sniper rifle. One hit from this, and it's all over!

parishioner
08-01-09, 00:22
I realize hes a tremendous cock mongrel, I was just wondering if there was some inside joke in reference to "douchenozzle". :D

Ridge_Runner_5
08-01-09, 00:42
Its just another derogatory comment...

Jer
08-01-09, 00:49
Did he just say 'Dick weed' ??

lol

5pins
08-01-09, 00:51
I'm watching it too. I've been waiting for it all week and it was worth it. I want me the MK-12 Feild Artillery peice, for deer hunting ofcourse.:DI'm liking it better than Mail Call, though that was good too. But really I don't care about C-rations, this show is nothing but things that go BANG!!

Wow that high speed photography on the artillery was cool.

CryingWolf
08-01-09, 01:36

Oh man I missed it!!! Was a little busy this evening. They played mail call all day. My wife was all excited as we caught the Main Call on B52s at Minot AFB which she was stationed at.

Watching it right now, much better than future weapons with that wispering deuche nozzle they have for a host.

Are we are talking about Richard Machowicz here? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Machowicz What garnered him so much internet hate?

00leland00
08-01-09, 18:17
Are we are talking about Richard Machowicz here? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Machowicz What garnered him so much internet hate?

Because he's a douchenozzle, obviously. :p

That mini gun with the Eotech on top tore that Thunderbird to shreds. I really need to get the chance to do that one day.

Jer
08-01-09, 18:22
Wow that high speed photography on the artillery was cool.

I somehow missed this part. :(

Jer
08-01-09, 18:24
That mini gun with the Eotech on top tore that Thunderbird to shreds. I really need to get the chance to do that one day.

I thought that was pretty cool when I saw the EOTech too. You would think that with as much $ as it costs to manufacture that system it would have some high dollar and proprietary target acquisition system but it would make sense that the EOTech is pretty simple to use and known by most of the soldiers.

BrianB
08-01-09, 20:33
I have read here and see that there are many interesting shows on tactical weapons, military etc. and I thought that we might list them here with the show name, channel and times so that we can subscribe to them. I have ComCast and can't seem to figure out how to find these shows. Thanks!

I don't have cable, so I'm S-O-L:(:mad:

are there any good show's of this type on DVD worth getting ? I know FW is, but never got around to getting it.

BrianB
08-01-09, 20:35

but I've seen pics of him in multicam, he can't be that bad;):D:p

An Undocumented Worker
08-02-09, 00:28
I'm sure he is a perfectly reasonable human being, and could probably snap me in half like a twig, But as a host of a TV show, he seems a little too sensationalistic, while overdoing the talk softly/carry a big stick routine. It just seems like he is putting on too much of a facade. If he isn't then the douchenozzle comment stands.:p

sandman99and9
08-02-09, 00:58
I believe "Mack " is an ex seal if I remeber correctly. Saw a show on him shooting the chey-tac rifle and I think he said something about being a seal sniper. Lock n load is good stuff.

CryingWolf
08-02-09, 03:38
I'm sure he is a perfectly reasonable human being, and could probably snap me in half like a twig, But as a host of a TV show, he seems a little too sensationalistic, while overdoing the talk softly/carry a big stick routine. It just seems like he is putting on too much of a facade. If he isn't then the douchenozzle comment stands.:p

I am sure he is playing it up for the camera / show

I believe "Mack " is an ex seal if I remeber correctly. Saw a show on him shooting the chey-tac rifle and I think he said something about being a seal sniper. Lock n load is good stuff.

From the Wikipedia:

Richard “Mack” Machowicz, former operator, is the host of the Discovery Channel show Future Weapons. According to the show's introduction, he spent ten years as a U.S. Navy SEAL and now searches for weapons of the future. Mack drives a large variety of vehicles, often with off-road capability, to get to his show's destinations. He is also proficient in many martial arts.

According to his biography on the Discovery Channel's site,[1] "he participated in numerous tactical operations with SEAL Team ONE and TWO. While at SEAL Team TWO he was attached to the training cadre as the Leading Petty Officer of Land, Mountain and Arctic Warfare." He also has over 20 years of experience with muay thai boxing, Jeet Kune Do, kickboxing, aikido, jujutsu, savate, arnis and karate. He was a certified instructor in the Naval Special Warfare Combat Fighting Instructor Course, as well as a Naval Special Warfare Scout/Sniper. He founded the Bukido Institute, as well as the Bukido Training System, which "teaches a performance philosophy that uses unarmed combat as a pathway for exploring the dynamics of doubt, hesitation, second-guessing, stress, pain, fatigue and fear."

Like I said, I was unsure why he was garnering the internet love / hate.

Jer
08-02-09, 11:39
Has anyone seen CryingWolf & Richard “Mack” Machowicz in the same room together? :D

Mr.Goodtimes
08-02-09, 11:42
i cant stand mack as he is on the discovery channel. on the show he comes across (as previously stated by an above poster) as a sensationalist douche nozzle.

He is only the "host" of the show, however. He doesent actually write it. I get the impression hes probably a really chill, cool dude off the set. Hell if I was him I'd do exactly what he does for a million or so a year.

Id like to sit down and pound a couple shots with the guy and see what hes like. Hes probably got some really cool stories. I appreciate his service.

00leland00
08-02-09, 17:06
i cant stand mack as he is on the discovery channel. on the show he comes across (as previously stated by an above poster) as a sensationalist douche nozzle.

He is only the "host" of the show, however. He doesent actually write it. I get the impression hes probably a really chill, cool dude off the set. Hell if I was him I'd do exactly what he does for a million or so a year.

Id like to sit down and pound a couple shots with the guy and see what hes like. Hes probably got some really cool stories. I appreciate his service.

You're probably right, but he reminds me of the host from "Pinks"

John_Wayne777
08-02-09, 17:53
The best shows on TV right now, IMO, are Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

The shows feature M4Carbine.net Subject Matter Experts Larry Vickers, Kyle Defooor, and Jason Falla. You can find out more about those shows here:

http://tacticalimpact.tv/
http://www.tacticalarms.tv/

...so be sure to ask for some autographs when you see those guys. ;)

The lineup of shows on the Outdoor Network on Wed. nights are also pretty good. The show Personal Defense TV has some good moments...although I've seen a couple of really goofy things on that show as well.

CryingWolf
08-02-09, 20:04
Has anyone seen CryingWolf & Richard “Mack” Machowicz in the same room together? :D

:cool: I would fess up if it would make me a million. :p

CryingWolf
08-02-09, 20:57

The sensationalistic writing is for the viewers who really have never even touched a weapon. Sort of like movies where a guy gets shot by a shotgun and goes flying through the air ten feet. Gets people to watch.

I don't know what he is like off the set of Future Weapons; I am sure he knows what a weapon is capable of without being sensational about it. He does seem pretty capable with the weapons they hand him.

Agreed he probably has a few cool stories to tell.

I am not trying to stick up for the guy, I just happen to like a few of the future weapon episodes. I tend to ignore the sensationalistic banter, such as "Power of an M-16. Accuracy of a sniper rifle. One hit from this, and it's all over!" :p

Ed L.
08-02-09, 21:35
The guy from FUtureweapons' delivery is a bit over the top, to say the least.

Here is a funny takeoff of Future Weapons titled Rejected Future Weapns. The guy gets Mack's delivery down perfectly, which makes it so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pPDm7zDHY

BiggLee71
08-02-09, 21:44
Military channel, starting 13 August.

Special ops Mission.

Can't wait to watch this show as well.Hope it's as good as i anticipate.
As for futureweapon's and it's host Mac,while i am no fan of his or really for the show for that matter,at least he was a 10 yr SEAL sniper (or so he says).

Surf
08-02-09, 22:20
As mentioned earlier Special Ops Mission on Discovery, Aug 13

Not sure how good the show is going to be but looks interesting. At least Wil Willis creds are for real.

http://www.channelguidemag.com/articles/special_ops_mission_military_0709.php

http://military.discovery.com/videos/special-ops-mission/

CryingWolf
08-03-09, 01:29
The guy from FUtureweapons' delivery is a bit over the top, to say the least.

Here is a funny takeoff of Future Weapons titled Rejected Future Weapns. The guy gets Mack's delivery down perfectly, which makes it so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pPDm7zDHY

Now that is funny :D