PDA

View Full Version : Surefire G2 Color

Dave L.
01-29-07, 22:19
I'm sure this has been asked: How close is Surefire's G2 "Tan" color to the Tango/Vltor FDE color?

C4IGrant
01-30-07, 18:30
I'm sure this has been asked: How close is Surefire's G2 "Tan" color to the Tango/Vltor FDE color?

Its a little darker.

C4

ISAIAH53
02-01-07, 07:58
Its a little darker.

C4
Conversely, and FWIW, my G2 is a little bit lighter than the FDE on my MAGPUL CTR stock and MIAD grip.

rayray
02-06-07, 19:02
Sorry to get off topic. But, I own a Surefire G2, and the other night I took it apart to clean it. Now it doesnt work. Please help.

UVvis
02-06-07, 21:49
RayRay,

Check the following:

Your batteries are good (try a different pair)
Your bulb looks good (make sure the filament connects on both sides, try a different lamp if you have one)

If these don't work, there is something wrong with the body, bezel or tailcap. Call Surefire and they will sort it out for you.

Aside from checking that the big spring touches the metal lining, and that the tailcap spring touch the batteries, and the metal ring of the tailcap touches the metal lining in the rear, there isn't much more you can do.

I've had a few Surefire lamps randomly die on me. Also, the batteries have a fairly flat discarge so they will not dim much before running dry.

rayray
02-07-07, 15:27
RayRay,

Check the following:

Your batteries are good (try a different pair)
Your bulb looks good (make sure the filament connects on both sides, try a different lamp if you have one)

If these don't work, there is something wrong with the body, bezel or tailcap. Call Surefire and they will sort it out for you.

Aside from checking that the big spring touches the metal lining, and that the tailcap spring touch the batteries, and the metal ring of the tailcap touches the metal lining in the rear, there isn't much more you can do.

I've had a few Surefire lamps randomly die on me. Also, the batteries have a fairly flat discarge so they will not dim much before running dry.

Thanks UVvis, I'll try Your suggestions.:)

SuicideHz
02-07-07, 19:11
Or, make sure they are in the right way, i.e. positive or negative first. IIRC, one of mine works differently than the other (G2 and M3 combatlight.)