PDA

View Full Version : MEGA Lower blemish

ArCane
01-30-07, 00:04
Just picked up my MEGA lower today from the dealer. On inspection I see that it has a couple minor nicks in it. Im fine with it as long as it wont rust or do anything else stupid. What do you think?

http://www.glide.k12.or.us/gsd/portals/0/gallery/pers/ar/MEGA_nick1.jpg

http://www.glide.k12.or.us/gsd/portals/0/gallery/pers/ar/MEGA_nick2.jpg

Stickman
01-30-07, 00:24
There is no chance in the world that it will rust as its aluminum. Alumablack will change it to black, but its up to you whether its worth it. If its a big problem, contact Mega, or the dealer you got it from.

ArCane
01-30-07, 00:35
See, thats what I get for posting late... I knew it was alum... I really did :D The marks dont bother me, I just wanted to make sure it didnt spread...

Impact
01-30-07, 00:49
that's nothing.:)

Stickman
01-30-07, 01:04
One of my Mega lower had a similar look in an area, but it ended up being a piece of something stuck onto the surface. I scraped it off and found the finish intact underneath. I doubt this is the same issue with yours, but it never hurts to check.

If its bare aluminum, Birchwood Casy Alumablack will make it hidden in a few seconds.

Robb Jensen
01-30-07, 07:34
One of my Mega lower had a similar look in an area, but it ended up being a piece of something stuck onto the surface. I scraped it off and found the finish intact underneath. I doubt this is the same issue with yours, but it never hurts to check.

If its bare aluminum, Birchwood Casy Alumablack will make it hidden in a few seconds.

Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black is your friend. It's good on carbon steel as well, or for touching up aluminum rails etc. It's really good at removing brass marks from brass punches on sights.

Rmplstlskn
01-30-07, 21:39
See, thats what I get for posting late... I knew it was alum... I really did :D The marks dont bother me, I just wanted to make sure it didnt spread...

It could be a case of the dreaded aluma-cancer... ;)

Rmpl

ArCane
01-30-07, 21:47
Ya, ya ya.....:D