PDA

View Full Version : expression of gratitude to troops

Hersh
08-01-09, 22:34
My sister sends me all kinds of mindless email crap, but this one is worth passing on. Has anyone seen or heard about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xvZFTJdVQ

K.L. Davis
08-02-09, 00:36
It started back like two years ago, I know I have seen people give the gesture; but just like red shirts on Friday, it seems to have been forgotten - you know, now that it is chic to be against the military and all.

I say if the practice of simply saying "thank you" to our military becomes popular again, it ain't going to hurt a thing.

91Bravo
08-02-09, 12:16
I didn't know about the gesture above until now.

I was passing a funeral procession headed toward Fort Indiantown Gap's cemetary last week. The people in the cars were mostly young and many in uniform. I surmised that I was passing an Iraq war casualty so I snapped off a proper military salute as I passed the lead hearse. I doubt anyone noticed or cared but it made me feel like I had honored one of our own.

Boom
08-02-09, 12:24
I did not know. OP thx for sharing this.

chadbag
08-02-09, 12:30
Cool, I had not seen that expression.

I have been making it a point when I see someone in uniform to go up and shake their hand and thank them for their service -- If I don't get teary-eyed first. I don't see guys in uniform that often though. We do have an Apache and other Army aviation in my town and some MI in the valley and the 19th SF in the area so I do sometimes see them in a store or where-ever...