PDA

View Full Version : God said 'hello' today.

HwyKnight
08-01-09, 23:49
I attended the 10th b-day party of my GFs nephew today, and a good time was had by all. However, as usual, his big brother stole the show. He is an autistic 12yr old, and it was his turn to say prayers before eating. He usually has quite a bit to say when he gets the chance, and this time was no different. After blessing the food, he ended by asking God to let him see a hot air balloon today or tomorrow. Of course we all giggled since it was a cute request. As a pilot I knew there were scattered showers in the area and the likelyhood of seeing anything flying was extremely remote. 30min later.......we see not one, but five hot air ballons taking off from behind a building a half mile away. Not only was he able to see them, but he knew all of their names. Anyone who knows people with autism knows how they tend to have a way of seeing and knowing things in a way very different from the rest of us. For this young man his main interests are things that go in circles, 1970s music, and hot air balloons. Sometimes God says hello in the simplest most wonderful ways.:)

K.L. Davis
08-02-09, 00:38
Cool story... thanks for sharing.

kal
08-02-09, 02:41
Cool story... thanks for sharing.

I know you meant well, but I read it sarcastically and chuckled.:D

Those humor forums sure do change the way you read things.

Terry
08-02-09, 09:21
I like when God says hello, gives me a peaceful feeling.

Boom
08-02-09, 12:32
He is truly amazing.

warpigM-4
08-02-09, 12:47
that brought a smile to my face :D.at least he listens to some people, I always get answering machine

Rated21R
08-02-09, 12:53
Cool story, thanks for sharing.

MarshallDodge
08-02-09, 12:56
Good stuff. I am not sure why kids come into this world the way that they do but it just goes to show you that we are just a part of His plan.

Mark/MO
08-02-09, 17:36
Thanks for the story. It is sometimes suprising when and how He answers prayers.
And BTW, I love to hear kids pray. They so often seem to "get it" more than the grownups.