PDA

View Full Version : My first build....

Batt 57
01-30-07, 11:17
Thanks to Rob_S for talking me into this and for his knowledge....

DSA Lower
STAG 2H upper
STAG lower parts kit
Magpul CTR
Magpul MIAD
BF Vickers sling
LaRue ECOS-C
EOTech 512
C-Products ss mags with Tacpul (to be replaced with Mappuls)

http://web.mac.com/sgrasso/iWeb/Site/Shooting_files/DSCN0663.jpg

http://web.mac.com/sgrasso/iWeb/Site/Shooting_files/DSCN0661.jpg

http://web.mac.com/sgrasso/iWeb/Site/Shooting_files/DSCN0664.jpg

ArCane
01-30-07, 11:52
Beautiful. Im lovin the OD. Its almost the exact rifle that im having Grant @ G&R help me build.

rob_s
01-30-07, 11:56
Now we just need to stake that carrier key and you'll be all set.

I do sure wish thst Cproducts sold their mags with the Ranger plates instead of those giant goofy loops they sell.

Batt 57
01-30-07, 12:17
I do sure wish thst Cproducts sold their mags with the Ranger plates instead of those giant goofy loops they sell.

and they turned-out to be junk also. I dropped a mag onto one already on the ground and the loop broke. :mad:

bradb55
01-30-07, 21:50
Looks nice and fun to shoot. I just got done building my first. Its pretty fun.

C4IGrant
01-31-07, 13:06
Now we just need to stake that carrier key and you'll be all set.

Rob, not following you on the CProducts and RP's. I offer the CProducts mags with Ranger plates (as a package if interested).

C4

rob_s
01-31-07, 13:35
Rob, not following you on the CProducts and RP's. I offer the CProducts mags with Ranger plates (as a package if interested).

I know you do, I just wish that Cproducts did also. I don't get the point in their goofy giant loop. It makes using the magazine as a monopod a real pain in the ass.

Incidentally, do you offer the ss mags with orange followers and od rangers?

AR-15A3
01-31-07, 13:55
Nice blaster build. :cool:

I have a similar build exept mine is a LMT M4 upper & lower, KAC M4 RAS & VFG, Vltor Modstock, KAC 300m BUIS, EOTech 551 and Specter single point sling with black furniture.

I'm thinking on switching to the Magpul CTR stock for a better solid feeling stock.

+1 with the proper staking of your bolt carrier key screws, send it to Grant. ;)

My LMT M16 BCG are already properly staked by the factory and all I did was installed a stronger extractor spring and a Crane O-ring.

Enjoy it. :D

LOKNLOD
01-31-07, 14:16
BATT that's a really handsome carbine.

I don't get the point in their goofy giant loop.

I don't know why they took the time to develop it, even. No way that will compete with real Magpuls. Until someone invents a tac vest with pegboard pegs to hang those monstrosities on...

C4IGrant
01-31-07, 14:27
I know you do, I just wish that Cproducts did also. I don't get the point in their goofy giant loop. It makes using the magazine as a monopod a real pain in the ass.

Incidentally, do you offer the ss mags with orange followers and od rangers?

Yes I do.

C4

Dave L.
01-31-07, 15:23
Now all you gotta do is Replace that rear sight (I have a 40L I'm trying to dump)!

P.S. ARMS stuff sells really well on Ebay!

Paulinski
01-31-07, 15:33
Stag 2H upper 1/9 twist?? - Sheeeeh :)

Nice build

Batt 57
01-31-07, 17:55
Now all you gotta do is Replace that rear sight (I have a 40L I'm trying to dump)!

P.S. ARMS stuff sells really well on Ebay!

I have a LaRue fixed BUIS that is going on. I am going to hang onto the ARMS for another build.