PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Ga Shooter
08-02-09, 17:43
I finally got my BCM build done and want to show them to you guys but cannot upload my puctures because they are more than 2mb. I am not very knowledgable about uploading pictures but what can I do to make them fit?

C4IGrant
08-03-09, 09:23
I finally got my BCM build done and want to show them to you guys but cannot upload my puctures because they are more than 2mb. I am not very knowledgable about uploading pictures but what can I do to make them fit?

Have you tried one of the free image hosting companies and going that route??

C4

meisterhau
08-03-09, 10:23
Grant's right... Photobucket, Flickr, or one of the other ones makes things a lot easier. Uploading them there automatically resizes, and you also can get a pre-formatted link to post pics in forums. (At least Photobucket works that way - I've been using it for a while now, no problems...)

Another option is to load the photo in whatever software you use to view them, and most will allow a resize (or stretch/shrink, or something) - knock it down to about 25%, save it under a different file name, and it should be alright. If that makes the pics too small, maybe 50% is the ticket...

Zhurdan
08-03-09, 11:21
As stated, photobucket.com is great for forum posting of pics. You can edit your pictures using the website as well. Shrink your pics down to 800 x 600 to fit most forums. I've been using photobucket.com for years. There aren't many advertisements on their site so there's no bother with them, as there are on some other free hosting sites.

EzGoingKev
10-04-09, 10:12
If you have a Gmail account there is a "Pictures" link up at the top of the Gmail home page.

Ga Shooter
10-05-09, 21:30
Thanks I finally got them up.:p