PDA

View Full Version : "Hollywood" Traitors !!!

gogetal3
08-02-09, 18:02
So who's a big action/sci fi/gung ho shoot em up movie buff? I am, as is most of America I'm sure. Growing up I loved the classic 80's shoot em up movies. Pointless and super entertaining. Well, specifically let's focus on "Lethal Weapon" here. One of the classics. Two cops who solve every single case with excessive force and violence! Love it. Hadn't seen it in years until tonight. But as the sequals went on they became more anti gun political. Now LW4 is currently on. What do I notice????? An anti NRA poster in the police dept. The poster says a child is killed everyday by a handgun in the U.S. and a spot for support for the AWB. And now that I'm recalling what about the infamous cop killer bullets in part 3? The all assult weapons are killers bit. I mean come on wtf Hollywood? Most of the movies out there are based on violence, however tactically challenged they are. But that really bugs me. How hypocritical can it be? I'm curious as to what other movies out there you all consider antigun. Especially those that are violent to begin with.

08-02-09, 18:10
Unfortunately there are too many examples of LE higher ups being uneducated when it comes to guns. Many threads here have illustrated this. Recent 5.7 lion killer.:rolleyes:

CoryCop25
08-02-09, 18:15
There was a big stink about this when that movie first came out. Gibson and Glover are quite Anti-gun like most of the left-wing demo actors in Hollywad. Did you notice the NRA logo circled with the line through it at the bottom of the posters?

buzz_knox
08-02-09, 19:30
The director, Richard Donner, is ardently anti-gun. He insisted on putting all the anti-gun/NRA posters available in those movies. I believe he did the something similar in Assassins.

gogetal3
08-02-09, 19:37
Yes I noticed the logo defiled. It just amazes me the stupidity of it all. No wonder most action movies are tactically handicap. But I'm looking for other anti gun shoot em up contradictions out there

kmrtnsn
08-02-09, 19:42
I'm sure that Mel Gibson was personally responsible for the set design and outfitting of all the props. They're actors; they show up on set, they say their lines, they go home, they get paid. It is when they are off the set that they usually say and do the real stupid stuff.

Heavy Metal
08-02-09, 19:52
Richard Donner

BrianB
08-03-09, 07:13
No wonder most action movies are tactically handicap. But I'm looking for other anti gun shoot em up contradictions out there

well the movie "shoot-em up" with clive owen (sp?) is.

R/Tdrvr
08-03-09, 08:48
The director, Richard Donner, is ardently anti-gun. He insisted on putting all the anti-gun/NRA posters available in those movies. I believe he did the something similar in Assassins.

Pretty funny how that ****tard is anti-gun, yet made/makes some of the most violent movies out there, and has no problem with guns as long as they are in his movies. I guess you couldn't have Mel Gibson running aroung with a baseball bat.

BTW, in Assassins, the anti NRA logo was on the side of a city bus.

Spiffums
08-03-09, 12:01
well the movie "shoot-em up" with clive owen (sp?) is.

I'm not really sure how to take the anti-gun stuff in that movie. It was basically a comedy for gun nuts or at least that is how I took it. It was so over the top and the shoot out during the sex scene that all those movies have in them.

BrianB
08-03-09, 16:48
I'm not really sure how to take the anti-gun stuff in that movie. It was basically a comedy for gun nuts or at least that is how I took it. It was so over the top and the shoot out during the sex scene that all those movies have in them.

well on a another gun forum, that has a movie sub forum, they ripped it apart for the anti-gun message.

I'm not some up tight right wing gun nut type, as most of them are, and takes very little to upset them, so.....

I belive clive is very anti gun though, which might explain it.

Ed L.
08-03-09, 16:49
I think Gibson is pro-gun. I remember him making some pro-gun statements about his children being taught to shoot when his movie Patriot came under fire for showing his onscreen children killing British soldiers with muskets. The criticism was something wacky like it would encourage children to use guns.

Now Danny Glover is almost as left wing as you can get. He was portrayed accurately in the movie "Team America: World Police" as a member of Film Actors Guild, otherwise known as FAG.

R/Tdrvr
08-03-09, 20:09
Now Danny Glover is almost as left wing as you can get. He was portrayed accurately in the movie "Team America: World Police" as a member of Film Actors Guild, otherwise known as FAG.

I'd say he's anti-American too. He hangs out with Hugo Chavez.

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
08-12-09, 21:04
I think Gibson is pro-gun. I remember him making some pro-gun statements about his children being taught to shoot when his movie Patriot came under fire for showing his onscreen children killing British soldiers with muskets. The criticism was something wacky like it would encourage children to use guns.

I read an article in NRA's Rifleman mag recently. Can't remember if it was an old article or more recent. It was about these 3 or 4 brothers down south who became master gunsmiths and made rifles used in the Revolution. They had basically created their own style of weapon much like the "Kentucky Rifle." They made most, if not all, of the weapons used in the Patriot and from what I read, Mel Gibson loved the weapons he used so much he had them make some for him and he personally picked them up.

BSHNT2015
08-13-09, 09:55
Danny Glover is not your friend either . From his IMDb website. Mr Glover is very left leaning.

"Congress is closely allied with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who considers Glover a friend.

"The General in His Labyrinth," based on a novel by left-wing novelist Gabriel García Márquez, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature, is slated to be directed by Venezuela-born director Alberto Arvelo. "Toussaint" will be directed by Glover himself.

Glover had been acquainted with Chavez for several years, even appearing on Chavez's TV and radio talk show "Hello, President." He is a member of the Advisory Council for the Caracas, Venezuela-based pan-Latin American television network TeleSUR ("Television of the South"), that was launched in 2005. Glover has been criticized by the American media for his friendship with Chavez, particularly after introducing the Venezuelan president at an event in which Chavez characterized President George W. Bush the devil. It likely is an opinion that Glover, a supporter of liberal Democrat John Edwards for the presidency, likely shares."

poak
08-13-09, 12:01
well on a another gun forum, that has a movie sub forum, they ripped it apart for the anti-gun message.

I'm not some up tight right wing gun nut type, as most of them are, and takes very little to upset them, so.....

I belive clive is very anti gun though, which might explain it.

I'm not sure what any of the involved actors political agendas are, but I remember lots of people decrying the anti-gun sentiment on several gun forums when the movie first released... not sure if I totally agree.

One particularly libertarian movie reviewer addressed just this:

"dirty harry" over at Libertas, the neoconservative Hollywood gadfly site, is bitching about the pro gun-control message of the movie Shoot 'Em Up, which I gave a positive review to here on Sunday. Hmm. From a Left Libertarian perspective, "harry" seems to miss a few important points. First, the anti-gun senator in the film is a goddamn baby-marrow harvester, slaughtering infants and their mothers to keep himself alive. Not a particularly sterling character and certainly not a "good guy." And second, the big gun manufacturer in the film is in cahoots with government bureaucrats to crush his opposition and competition.

If you're an action geek, see the movie. I doubt your libertarian sensibilities will be terribly rattled.

Personally, I enjoyed the movie.

While I don't like to support ANY vehemently anti-gun sentiment in any form of media, I realize that there is little anyone can do to sway the type of window licker that forms their political opinions based on anything in a fictitious action movie :)